Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Worst / most dissapointing games ever? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=611)

Maikel 14-08-2004 12:42 PM

Worst / most dissapointing games ever?

Ok not entirely fitting in the favourite oldies ection. but it fits nicely next to the ''best games ever'' thread.

So tell me..which games did you hate the most??

for me:
Manhunt (let's make a game's concept so ''sick'' people will buy it for the controversy, not knowing the game as a whole is one big letdown)

I can't think of others at the moment

Stroggy 14-08-2004 01:34 PM

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness.
Enter the Matrix

The Niles 14-08-2004 02:51 PM

Destiny A civilization clone that did everything wrong. This game has no redeaming features.

wendymaree 14-08-2004 03:03 PM

A pretty ordinary game I once played was aptly called The Last Resort. Only played it for ten minutes then put it back into its box where it stayed ever since. It just seemed pointless and boring. Perhaps if I gave it more of a chance it might have improved as it featured the voices of Cher, Christopher Reeve, James Belushi and Joe Perry (of Aerosmith) and was produced by Rober De Niro. Impressed by my memory? ;-)

Btw, could be abandonware now. :)

The worst game I've heard of but never actually played was Carmagedon. Points for running people over....? Tonz of fun.

FreeFreddy 14-08-2004 04:29 PM

Well, I guess, for me it's Betrayal at Antara. I bought it in hope of continued story that's as good as the one in Betrayal at Krondor and same fun, but what I got then had, aside from the control interface, nothing to do with the first part. After I saw that (pardon) stupid face of that boy that we resqued from the gargoyle in the beginning, I put this game away and sworn to never play it again... It's my biggest disappointment so far.

mika 14-08-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

The worst game I've heard of but never actually played was * Carmagedon. *Points for running people over....? *Tonz of fun.
Funny enough, the game was quite enjoyable, and it still to this day has the best car physics engine that I've played. 90% of the games out there are about killing people in one way or another so why not drive over them :twisted: . Seriously though, the game was fun.

My worst game, well I don't really have a worst one, but the game that comes to mind is Deus Ex 2. I didn't like it much, and was really dissapointed where it took the series.

Tom Henrik 14-08-2004 07:05 PM

There exist's bad games? :shock:

Hmm... *thinks hard*

Sorry... I can't think of a single game that I have not completed after getting it :?

Maybe it's just me... I simply love games.
Manhunt is on my shelf, and I have indeed played it through. The game is freaky and scary, and I play it when I want to be frightened.
Carmageddon was also great fun, as Mika said the driving in this game is excellent!
Enter the Matrix a nice, good and clean game that features an, till now, unique way of gameplay. The game is meant as a link between you and the movie. It also features an fun hacking program.

As for the others.. I haven't played them, but if I did I would probably like them as well.

Sorry for not being able to hate a game :roll:

Stroggy 14-08-2004 10:09 PM

clean game?
it was full of bugs!
you'd fall through walls
the effects at some points were just soo ugly they would have better just deleted it.
Most scenes didn't have that many objects in them... just clean hallways and stuff like that.
like in the sewers... that was just a huge textured cube with ladders and walkways in it.
and you didn't even have time often to protect the people you ahd to protect... thats not clean!

Tom Henrik 14-08-2004 10:27 PM

I never had those problems. But then again... I played that one on PS2.

Kiddiarni 14-08-2004 11:43 PM

Enter the matrix is fun...:D

I loooooooove the level in the Post office, the ending...one place where there are infinite coppers..Running around bullettiming everyone to Death...Sooooooo Cool 8)

I played it on PS2...

The current time is 02:54 PM (GMT)