Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kingpin Bowling (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5203)

Steve2theO 26-05-2005 03:07 AM

I dont know if anyone else has had trouble with this game or not but I can't get it to run properly. I install it and it seems to be ok but then I run the game and get through a bunch of the screens but it always freezes at this one blue screen with squiggly lines. If anyone knows anything about this please post something. Thanks

Eagle of Fire 26-05-2005 03:33 AM

Did you try to run it with DOSBox?

win98 26-05-2005 04:15 AM

in windows98 it will start okay but when like it says in the review you get to copy protection and press enter like the review says to it will go onto the company info loading screen and freze up

samtam90 26-05-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve2theO@May 26 2005, 03:07 AM
I dont know if anyone else has had trouble with this game or not but I can't get it to run properly. I install it and it seems to be ok but then I run the game and get through a bunch of the screens but it always freezes at this one blue screen with squiggly lines. If anyone knows anything about this please post something. Thanks
Try to use Virtual PC if you want to run it on win98

win98 26-05-2005 08:56 PM

windows98se does not run virtual pc it is for nt based os eg windows200 or xp

Steve2theO 29-05-2005 12:55 AM

Thanks for the suggestions but I don't have windows 98. I tried to running it like the first reply said but it said it couldn't find or create a temporary file needed or something along those lines. Well if anyone gets it to work let me know

gregor 29-05-2005 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by win98@May 26 2005, 04:15 AM
in windows98 it will* start okay but when like it says in the review you get to copy protection and press enter like the review says to it will go onto the company info loading* screen and freze up
no it wont. you should give it more time to progress to next screens. to me it only freezes when i exit the game.
however it work fine in DOS. so if you have win 98 it's all easy.
1. start your computer
2. immediatelly start pressing F8 untill you get a menu where you can select which OS you would want to start your computer in. there will be a few options, such as WIN safe mode, Normal, with confirmation, Pure DOS (no drivers!), Dos mode...
3. Select to start up computer in Dos mode (the one with drivers not pure one)
4. go to your kingpin folder. use command: CD. Example: "CD KINGPIN" will put you in your "C:\kingpin\" folder.
5. start the kingpin

Either you do all that (really simple) or you create a boot disk using Abandonia boot disk. That will also make it work perfectly. :ok:

Eagle of Fire 29-05-2005 04:05 PM

Steve2theO: What is the spec of your computer and what OS are you using?

The current time is 10:15 PM (GMT)