Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Your Reviews (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sam And Max: Culture Shock (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12364)

Fawfulhasfury 18-10-2006 11:27 PM

Let's get right down to it. As most of you know when it comes to playing games I get them in less than honest ways. With Sam and Max I figured I should be more honorable. So I got it with a free trial of Gametap. :tomato:

Now time for my review. This game is amazing, stupendous, and marketable. And if you hate for me to say

things over again, too bad. Amazing, stupendous, and marketable. Now as far as this episode goes, its quite

good. In every way it feels like a Sam and Max episode should. Which is just like a coconut cordial slipping

down your throat while a arsenic poison bodily surfs it waves. The graphics are amazing. Simply put, the

Telltale team has done an amazing job on this. Everything feels vibrant and alive, though it would've been

funnier to me if the goldfish in their office was floating in the water, but IGN would've just called that lazy

animating. The voices, are AMAZING. I wasn't a fan of them myself at first, but I figured I'd give them a

chance, and I say DA** anyone who said they suck without playing the actual game!!!! :titan: Next up is the

music, the jazzy remixes of the 70s mixed with the doting contributions of furry animal blood Max would

provide if he had the change, adds to each amazing scene you visit. Each character is vibrant and most are

well animated (Bosco is an exception, he either needs to get some face cream or take an un expense paid

trip to the sun itself). The gags are amazingly funny as always (Sam: I once heard lava lamps make an

excellent hand cream. Max: Hey, I told you that! Sam: Which is why I haven't tried it.) I won't spoil

anymore, but do try to use the pistol on Max, Sams line and Max's reaction are hilarious. :D I would talk

about the story, but like I said I don't want to spoil, but I'd say its wacky enough to fit into a Sam and Max

game.

I say this retains most of the feel from the first game, so I give it a 9 out of 10. And anyone who disagrees can eat some of Max's cheese.

Max: Hey, Faw! That rhymed! Just what we need, more lame poetry.
Faw: *bang*

P.S. I manages to sneak a spoiler-free screenshot past Sam's greenish black nose.
Max: Thats not his natural nose color.
Me: UGHHHHH!!!!! I wish I could unsee that! *drops picture at the bottom of the topic*

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/max1.png

Telltale Games - Home to Sam and Max

Quintopotere 19-10-2006 03:59 PM

That's a great news :brain:

Now I'll wait patiently for the complete series (maybe translated... :unsure: )

chainsoar 20-10-2006 12:51 AM

I wonder if anyone will ever make a 3D version of/sequel to Day Of The Tentacle? Now there is a game that brings back happy memories.

Hatham 22-10-2006 11:05 PM

A 3D VERSION OF SAM AND MAX?!?!?!

Where the hell have i been?

HappyGamer 27-10-2006 10:01 AM

I have to agree with you when I watched a video of this game on their website I was a little disappointed with the voices. Yet I have to say I am defiently anxious to try it out after you gave it such a glowing review. Nice job in putting spaces inbetween the different lines. This made it way easier to read.

BTW, how big is the file? Because I am using dial up. But cool graphics. I cannot wait.

Cloudy 27-10-2006 10:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hatham @ Oct 23 2006, 12:05 AM) [snapback]262948[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

A 3D VERSION OF SAM AND MAX?!?!?!

Where the hell have i been?
[/b]
*echoes this statement*

How did this one manage to slip past me? :blink:

Sam and Max is legendary.

But yeah, 3d Day of the Tentacle would be awesome too!

chainsoar 28-10-2006 01:35 PM

Seems I'm stupid. Some german DOTT fans have produced a 3D version called DOTT 2 : Return Of The Tentacles. Unfortunately, it's all in german. There are some screenshots at least worth taking a look at here.

HappyGamer 28-10-2006 06:54 PM

From what I read of the story on the engilish protion of this site it seems kind of lame. It sounds like you would only be playing as barnard and not the rest of the cast from original. Which is what made the original good the different chatarers and the the ablitiy to flush thing threw time. But still nice find I would definetly check it out if they ever bring to the english speaking world.

GOOD FIND!!!

Cloudy 29-10-2006 07:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chainsoar @ Oct 28 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]263998[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Seems I'm stupid. Some german DOTT fans have produced a 3D version called DOTT 2 : Return Of The Tentacles. Unfortunately, it's all in german. There are some screenshots at least worth taking a look at here.
[/b]
Doesn't look 3D to me :huh: Still looks kinda cool though. DOTT ruled! And Maniac Mansion was awesome too. Although I suck at it.

TheChosen 07-11-2006 08:24 AM

I hope that this game works on my new computer. I better download the demo to make sure.

Is this game only sold in US?

The current time is 07:53 PM (GMT)