Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Nodwick (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=31885)

Nodwick 19-08-2013 10:20 AM

Nodwick

I think that most of these are not Abandonware, but maybe you can hand them out to reviewers. I offer original CDs of the following games, but possess no boxes or manuals.

Anno 1602: Erschaffung einer neuen Welt (GERMAN) (1998)
Dungeons & Dragons. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor (2 disks) (2001)
Earth 2150: Escape from the Blue Planet (2 disks) (1999)
Jagged Alliance I: Kampf um Metavira (GERMAN) (1995)
Mission Force: Cyber Storm (1996)
Star Trek: Armada (2001)
Verkehrsgigant (Gold Edition) (GERMAN) (2000)
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (1995) (twice)

marko river 19-08-2013 01:45 PM

If you have original CDs than you can scan them as well. Some games need to be checked, but Warcraft II is on the site so that scan can be added right away.

As for Jagged Alliance, is that the simply the first JA game, only in German? Either way we will surely need both CD scan and ISO image. How big is the image of JA?

Japo 19-08-2013 05:38 PM

The rest of the games haven't been assigned a status on the Requests board, please post over there one thread per game.

Scanning the CDs is a nice addition (for the games that we can accept or that we already have on site), but only if you have the time.

Thanks!

Nodwick 20-08-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko river (Post 456220)
If you have original CDs than you can scan them as well. Some games need to be checked, but Warcraft II is on the site so that scan can be added right away.

I'll try to scan the CDs. Warcraft 2 is a special case, as it's got a silver background, I'll see how that looks.

Quote:

As for Jagged Alliance, is that the simply the first JA game, only in German? Either way we will surely need both CD scan and ISO image. How big is the image of JA?
Yes, it's the german version of the first JA game. I'll create an image and see how big it is this evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 456228)

I'd be willing to send them, physically, to any address you give me. As stated in the opening thread, I think these could be given to reviewers or somesuch.
Quote:

The rest of the games haven't been assigned a status on the Requests board, please post over there one thread per game.
I'm unsure how to correctly post there. Can you give me an example text?

Japo 20-08-2013 04:56 PM

To post a request just make a thread with its exact title on the Requests board, and include either all the other information you may have about it (platform or operating system, year of publication, publishing company, etc.) or, more conveniently, a link to a website with that information, such as MobyGames.

We don't collect physical media on behalf of Abandonia itself, but some user might be interested in your generous offer. If you want to give away your disks you could post a thread on the general discussion board.

Nodwick 21-08-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodwick (Post 456244)
I'll try to scan the CDs. Warcraft 2 is a special case, as it's got a silver background, I'll see how that looks.

Jagged Alliance
Warcraft 2

marko river 21-08-2013 09:51 AM

Great :OK:Thx for material :)

Nodwick 22-08-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodwick (Post 456244)
Yes, it's the german version of the first JA game. I'll create an image and see how big it is this evening.

Took me a bit longer, but the ISO is 403MB. But:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 456228)
[list][*]Jagged Alliance: not approved, on sale, already on site http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/21...+Alliance.html

I guess that means the image shouln't be uploaded, right?

marko river 22-08-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodwick (Post 456368)
I guess that means the image shouln't be uploaded, right?

Yes, it shouldn't, my mistake. I knew game is on site but I didn't check is it sold or abandoned. Sorry if I cost you some time. CD images will be added however.

If you want I can post those games still without statuses in Requests so their availability may be checked.

Japo 22-08-2013 04:52 PM

I think each of you is using the word "image" with a different meaning.

Scans of disks from games on site but not available for download are accepted. Image files of course aren't.

The current time is 05:59 PM (GMT)