Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Longest Wait for a Sequel to a Favorite Game (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17669)

Indignus IV 09-08-2008 03:25 PM

@skaven510: Yeees! I was just playing the original yesterday. Awesome.

The Fifth Horseman 09-08-2008 05:23 PM

Space Hulk. It was goddamn great, and there hasn't been a proper Space Hulk game in over a decade (unless you count some obscure cellphone thing from 3 years ago).
Games Workshop aint gonna re-release the boardgame, aint gonna license a new Space Hulk game for PC... AND THEY KEEP SHUTTING DOWN ANY FAN-MADE SPACE HULK GAMES.
Argh.

powdernsky 09-08-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 332944)
Space Hulk. It was goddamn great, and there hasn't been a proper Space Hulk game in over a decade (unless you count some obscure cellphone thing from 3 years ago).
Games Workshop aint gonna re-release the boardgame, aint gonna license a new Space Hulk game for PC... AND THEY KEEP SHUTTING DOWN ANY FAN-MADE SPACE HULK GAMES.
Argh.

What about Warhammer 40,000? Not quite the same?

Mmm. There is a fan-made game called "NetHulk". Really, I have no clue on how it's managed to survive, but it's still around. Wikipedia has a link.

MrDeadly 09-08-2008 05:56 PM

I have always - ever since Malcolm's Revenge - wished for a new Legend of Kyrandia game, although I now know it's not gonna come true.

Sebatianos 09-08-2008 07:22 PM

I'm still waiting... after some 20 years to see the official LucasArt's sequel to:
Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders!

*Indignus IV??? You're back???*

Indignus IV 09-08-2008 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebatianos (Post 332971)

*Indignus IV??? You're back???*

yes, I am, though I'm not sure if this is the place to say it.
I was playing Alpha Centauri the other day, and I wondered if it
was abandonware. Then I thought of Abandonia, and I realized I have
some time on my hands and I remember all the good times I had,
writing reviews and learning about old Dos games. I'm glad to return. :amused:

Mighty Midget 10-08-2008 01:14 PM

Still waiting for Ultima IX, that is, a IX that is actually an Ultima game...

Jokes aside, still waiting for the next Frontier game from Braben. The X games were supposedly the sequels, but they aren't exactly in Frontier's league when it comes to freedom.

Panthro 10-08-2008 03:18 PM

@Mighty Midget:

totally agree about U9, I managed to get a copy, but havent installed it, as I'm worried I'll be disappointed on the same level as I was with the bizzare Quest for Glory 5, which I have desperately tried to get into, but it feels wrong to me.

Mighty Midget 10-08-2008 03:36 PM

By all means, UIX is a "somewhat" cool game, if you can live with glitches of all calibers, bugs, crashes and the Mario Bros feel. One way of coping with this particular game is to ignore the fact they want you to think of this as an Ultima game, and instead see it more like a Mel Brooks version. Hovering goats, skeleton rebuild routines gone completely wrong, voice acting that will push you well into the Land of Madness... Other than that, it is, and I honestly mean this, a rather cool linear non-rpg game...

Scatty 10-08-2008 05:04 PM

Well Ultima 9 has a very nice music for sure, and the locations look often very good too, especially Moonglow during the night looks really amazing. Once you're aboard the small flying ship it's a sight to remember.
The animations of creatures though are crappy. Just as an example those rogues you meet outside of Britannia who raise their arms once they see you as if they would be pulled up into the air by some force, and slowly begin to advance towards you one inch at a time. Ridiculous.

The current time is 04:03 AM (GMT)