Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Return To Ringworld (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5196)

Sebatianos 25-05-2005 07:10 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Guest 26-05-2005 02:17 AM

i would've given this a 5 too..

except for the part where you had to walk like twenty screens with the background just repeating.. :yawn:

combined with the fact that the game has no sound at all :wall: , and the more annoying thing that the character walks SOOOO SLOOOOWWWWWW!!! :ranting: i played mp3s while playing and the "walk" (id rather call it crawl) took me 3 songs already.. arrghh...

hope it gets better.

Sebatianos 26-05-2005 10:02 AM

Just left-click when the character starts speaking (you can skip through dialogues that way).
The fact that this version lecks sound is not the fault of the game (the game has solid music and solid sounds) that is why I didn't deduct any points for that. If you're able to get your hands on a full version (including sound) you'll see what I mean. I had it years ago, but the CD got demaged and I threw it away. The only version I have now is this one (without any sounds).

Abi79 26-05-2005 06:54 PM

When I try to save the game, it says something about "Tsage.cfg". Does somebody know how to fix this problem ? :(

samtam90 26-05-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Abi79@May 26 2005, 06:54 PM
When I try to save the game, it says something about "Tsage.cfg". Does somebody know how to fix this problem ? :(
What does it say?

Abi79 26-05-2005 07:16 PM

I've wrote what it says in the "Ringworld Revenge of the Patriarch" forum.

Sebatianos 26-05-2005 07:50 PM

Did you change the directory name to the full name of the game (renamed the direcotry?)

Abi79 26-05-2005 07:54 PM

Yes, but I still can't save.

Sixstringseraph 27-05-2005 06:41 AM

im back! (im the one who put up the 1st ranting post):D i just finished the game, and i have to say it really is a good one. although the ending really hung me out (i want to at least know what happened, or is there a third one?)

only one part of this game really tried my patience. and by this i am referring to the slow walking characters. It's hard enough to go like ten screens to a place and then another ten screens to the other, only to find you're lacking something and go on to search the hundred screens AGAIN. a game speed adjustment option (a la Sierra games) could've been really nice.

but otherwise, the game is excellent, and it is one of the few games i finished without consulting a walkthrough.. :D It's too bad the sound didn't make it to this version, some good music would've really helped in those long, long, long walks...

*** edited by strobe
no esa-offending expressions!!

Guest 02-06-2005 12:38 PM

ANyone else has sound problems with this game? I have a tikking noise when playing.
Other then that Music and Sound effects are working fine

The current time is 09:57 AM (GMT)