Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=150)

The Niles 31-03-2004 09:07 AM

Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity

Man what a good game. This was the very hight of DOS adventure gaming. Released in July 1995 it was the last (sadly) of the classic Star Terk adventures to be released and also the last good star trek game to be released for years after wards. It had wonderfully cinamatics and very well done prerendered 3d models of the entire cast. Also voice acting from all the main characters of TNG. A Trekkie could not ask for more then that in a Star Trek game. Non-Trekkie's would also demand good gameplay and even they got what they wanted from STTNG-AFU. A solid and inspired adventure game from beginning to end. The only thing I can find wrong with it is that the settings are not all that Star Trek like but it's a minor gripe.

I bought this game again yesterday. Too bad my computer is not fast enough to properly emulate it with DOSBox. I will have to wait a few months for my new computer before I can play it again.

LotharGR 14-04-2004 09:46 PM

I suppose it is the wrong place to ask for it, but the post is Star-treck oriented so i will ask it here.... I remember that there was a very very old "star treck" game in the 80s ( i remember playing it in my Amstrad 6128 ) and in that game you controlled the "Enterprise" - Something like a "Star treck emulator". Does this game still exists? can it be found somewhere for the PC ?

The Niles 16-04-2004 09:00 AM

Actually never heard of that game but I never worked on an Amstrad.

LotharGR 16-04-2004 01:41 PM

It was released for amstrad 6128 and Atari ST for sure... But i don't know if it was released and for the PCs ( most propably not... The PCs were considered only as bussiness machines at that time and very few games were released ) And i remember that it was considered a "super" game in its age. It had digitized voices of the crew etc....

Tom Henrik 12-05-2004 08:27 PM

What will you give me if I am able to find this Star Trek emulator, download it and supply it to the site?

That is, if it was ever made for use on the PC...

Tom Henrik 12-05-2004 08:42 PM

Yup!

This game was made into a PC-version.

It was called... DUN DUN DUN DUN

Star Trek Stratetic Operations Simulator!

Now, all that remains is to find a download.

Danny252 12-05-2004 08:44 PM

do you always find the games we need in 2 mins?

Tom Henrik 12-05-2004 08:48 PM

YES!

(zuppah.... remember?) :wink:

Danny252 12-05-2004 08:49 PM

oh yeah.
Zuppah.
Can I be Zuppah Dos-box dude?

Tom Henrik 12-05-2004 08:52 PM

By the way...

How do I upload a picture to one of my posts?

I do not mean an avatar, but an image below the text in the post....

The current time is 06:12 AM (GMT)