Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Reloaded Forum (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16569)

Doink 28-01-2008 08:07 PM

Reloaded Forum

I understand why Abandonia reloaded was created but surely it would make sense to combine the forums is this possible? after looking at the reloaded forum it seems pretty dead with the active users being the same as the users here.

I see that the Studentis group runs both sites so maybe this would be possible after this site is sorted out.

Tulac 28-01-2008 08:16 PM

That was already discussed many many times, so no the unifying of forums won't happen. Especially now when this forum and profile is integrated with abandonia site. It would make no sense to merge forums now.

Blood-Pigggy 28-01-2008 08:19 PM

It would get too messy anyway, there's already a lot of different forums here.

Doink 28-01-2008 08:23 PM

Mkay:wondering: thought it must have come up already was just a thought.

still the forum over there is kinda dead and does need something... but i suppose this should be discussed over there anyway.

DeathDude 28-01-2008 08:29 PM

Its been discussed at AR too, and the same consensus has been reached there as it has been here, several times, so no it won't happen.

Things have been quite slow at AR as of late, but we are working to rectify that atm.

The Fifth Horseman 28-01-2008 08:40 PM

At first AB and AR had the same group of people forming their core communities, but things have changed a lot since then. Some members (and a few of the staff) have moved over to AR completely, while others only check the additions at AR once in a while and don't bother with it much otherwise.
As each site has different focusm, it also attracts a different type of community - so the difference continues to grow more pronounced with time. Merging the sites now would cause a total culture shock to both communities, one they might never recover from.

Merging them is a bad-BAD-BAD idea.

Eagle of Fire 28-01-2008 09:45 PM

Plus, the forum at AR sometimes look more busy than this one, especially since the change. I don't really understand the validity of the argument...

Dave 28-01-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Things have been quite slow at AR as of late, but we are working to rectify that atm.
You're doing a good job there, but I think it's hard to replace the work of some guys that are disappeared, you know what I mean, take a look at AR Admin list. (Tom, Tai...)
And we have a similar problem here, but we are lucky that Moderators are quite active :).
With this, I'm not pointing a finger to people, everyday life is more important.
About merging forums, well, it's a bad idea, but I prefer to see AB and AR merged instead to see the whole AR project dead.

Tulac 28-01-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 317626)
Plus, the forum at AR sometimes look more busy than this one, especially since the change. I don't really understand the validity of the argument...

That is just not true EoF, I'm positive you don't visit AR as often as I do. I mean it's enough to look at top ten posters of the day and see that there are only 4 people on it. I'm pretty sure anyone who visits both forums often can confirm this.

Eagle of Fire 28-01-2008 10:55 PM

I visit AR forums as often as I visit AB forums, and of course you're right when you're saying there is only some people talking on the forum. However, I don't see what the problem is about that. All I said is that sometimes AR forums looks busier than AB forums, not that there is more people.

AB forums are bound to be busier and more popular because we're dealing with nostalgia. AR is dealing with newer games a lot of people never heard about in the past.

Anyways, both sites are completely different in nature, merging both forums would be a mistake IMHO.

The current time is 09:34 PM (GMT)