Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Forgotten Games Bureau (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   90s? Medieval Battleship SLG game (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46685)

NintiesGamer90 04-03-2020 12:59 AM

90s? Medieval Battleship SLG game

Hi, I am finding a PC windows game, should be in the 90s.

It is about Medieval Battleship game that plays in SLG style (Final fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblems, etc).

You can build your ships in your fort ranging from small to big ones(galley, brig, frigate, galleon etc)

The battle is either bombardment with canons from afar
or
your can board the enemy ships to battle, if success, you will take over the enemy ship
and
you can attack enemy fort as well.

oh ya, when a ship is damaged, we can see the sail is tattered.

Sometimes, if the wind is big, it might blow the ships away, hence, changing their position.

-One of the game currency is "Fish"? this i am not that sure.

Smiling Spectre 05-03-2020 07:27 PM

Hmm, sounds quite familiar. At least I know one similar Russian game... unfortunately, I totally forgot the name. :/ I'll try to found it.

Aw. It's "Battle Ships", but it seems, it's nowhere to be found. Except Russian version that I cannot start anyway.

It looked like it. Check it, maybe it's totally not that.

https://soft.softodrom.ru/pimg/2412.jpeg

NintiesGamer90 09-03-2020 11:14 PM

wow, the interface is not like how i remembered, seems not like it, then again, seems like it... XD

but well, it indeed been ages since i played that, i couldn't possible remembered it clearly....

to make the matter worse, the name is such a "common term", will had a hard time finding it.

I think it is probably it. Thank you very much mate. Appreciated it. :OK:

Scatty 12-03-2020 09:36 AM

Just to throw it out here, your description also reminds me of another game, which might be it - Pirates! Gold (1993)
It also has battle with ships, boarding enemy ship and duel aboard, and sieging the forts either with ships & cannons, or foot troops. Especially the part with strong wind affecting ships is a detail which immediately reminded me of it.

DrWho42 15-03-2020 06:21 AM

this sounds fun! i'll check it out

Smiling Spectre 18-03-2020 10:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NintiesGamer90 (Post 484663)
wow, the interface is not like how i remembered, seems not like it, then again, seems like it... XD

but well, it indeed been ages since i played that, i couldn't possible remembered it clearly....

to make the matter worse, the name is such a "common term", will had a hard time finding it.

I think it is probably it. Thank you very much mate. Appreciated it. :OK:

Well, if you are inclined to try, I can upload Russian version. Again: I wasn't able to start it.

P.S. Main setup is too big, I had to split it on 2 parts. I hope, you have anything to merge them together (I used Total Commander, but maybe Winrar can do that too).

Scatty 19-03-2020 09:40 AM

With Winrar you can create a split archive in many parts, which can be used together as one whole archive, to extract something.

Smiling Spectre 23-03-2020 05:57 PM

Yes, Scatty, I know how to make multi-volume archive with winrar. But question is different: is it possible to merge "simply splitted" archive, not multi-volume.

Scatty 24-03-2020 09:23 AM

If it's simply a file split into 2 parts, there's a simple way which used to work for me back in Ms-Dos days (might work in DosBox as well):

copy filename1+filename2 name_of_merged_file

That is 2 separate parameters after copy, plus between split files is important.

You just need to know which is the first part, and which the second, so it gets merged correctly. Assuming after being split, nothing was added to the files at the end or beginning.
It's easier to just make a multi-volume RAR archive though, and upload it here instead. WinRar is free to use from what I remember.

The current time is 11:33 PM (GMT)