Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Vengeance Of Excalibur (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6138)

Sebatianos 09-07-2005 12:15 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

rabadi 09-07-2005 12:48 AM

Sweet! :ok: I have downloaded yesterday's game, and although I haven't tried it yet I will continue to download this one as well. Thanks!

Heimdall 11-07-2005 01:51 PM

How do you transfer the knights from the first to the second one?

Sebatianos 11-07-2005 05:55 PM

Run install and it will ask you if you wish to import the characters (among other things). Haven't tried that option personally (sorry), but it should work.

John Doe 11-07-2005 07:44 PM

I've got a problem: as soon as I open the gate of the City of Brass I get ambushed by skeletons before al-Mansur can defeat them. Does anybody know how to handle this?

Heimdall 12-07-2005 01:25 AM

Yeah but i asks me for the disk, do i have to coppy the game to a floppy? I also have the problem above.

Sebatianos 12-07-2005 09:18 PM

Sorry guys. I'm currently on vecation, so I can't really look into that. I'll try to help you out next week (don't have my computer nor the game here). If somebody else can figure this out - please share the information.

p.s. Copying may help, but I wouldn't count on it. If you have some spare floppies you may try (hope it works - although it doesn't sound likely).

Jer 16-07-2005 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by John Doe@Jul 11 2005, 07:44 PM
I've got a problem: as soon as I open the gate of the City of Brass I get ambushed by skeletons before al-Mansur can defeat them. Does anybody know how to handle this?
I'm stuck there as well; the skeletons slaughter my knights immediately and I don't think that's how it's supposed to work

icedsun@yahoo.com 13-01-2006 01:42 AM

You gotta use the genie lamp and have him flying-carpet you over the wall - like duh!!!!

Guest_Nick_* 01-09-2006 07:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icedsun@yahoo.com @ Jan 13 2006, 02:42 AM) [snapback]196734[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

You gotta use the genie lamp and have him flying-carpet you over the wall - like duh!!!!
[/b]
You can only use the flying carpet to get INTO the city of brass. To get out, you have to open the door for al-Mansur's men. Every time I do this, I am ambushed by skeletons before I can link up with Mansur. Does anyone know if there is a patch for this, or any kind of remedy? I'd hate to see a great game stonewalled in the third chapter. Honestly, though, this kind of buginess doesn't surprise me. It's the same reason why I never beat Spirit of Excaliber, even though I've had it for over a decade. You can get to a certain point, usually with the giant in chapter three or trying to get Helye's book near the end of chapter three, and things would go berserk. My characters would attack the bishop at Canterbury, or each other, the game would go into a frozen loop of screen changes back and forth from town to map, and I would take a deep breath and stop playing the game for a few years. Sound familiar?

It would be okay if they weren't such awesome games. Even today I've never seen anything like them.

The current time is 12:14 AM (GMT)