Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Drakkhen (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15106)

Sebatianos 10-08-2007 10:16 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Morrin 10-08-2007 12:52 PM

Hmm, loving those graphics! :kosta: I'll have to check this one out

Geezer 10-08-2007 02:32 PM

When navigating the castles it is important to have attack mode off until you are sure that battle is necessary (they attack you first). Not every creature is meant for killing and some have some valuable information if you try talking to them. This is especially true when entering a room that contains a Dragon Prince or Princess. Some creatures will simply leave you alone unless you attack them first.

Also, it is possible, and sometimes necessary, to have battle with auto-attack turned off. You can have a party member attack an enemy by selecting the party member and then right clicking the enemy to be attacked by that member. This is a good way to keep a weak member out of harm's way.

Make sure you concentrate on getting your priest/priestess and magician to level up as they are the most challenging in that regard. The spells that they have to work with in the beginning of the game are not conducive to quick kills and they also are generally endowed with weaker defenses than scouts or warriors. As a result they are easy to ignore in the beginning but will be vital later on, but only with the needed experience/leveling up.

Guest 13-08-2007 08:48 PM

Thanks for the advice man, i remember this game when i was a kid i could not go very far it was very hard indeed !!!
Great Game Anyway !!!

Geezer 13-08-2007 09:38 PM

One more tip.

The LOCK spell is one of the most useful spells in the game. If you are in a castle and need time to heal and/or restore magic points lock yourself in a castle room. Even though it appears that the bad guys are materializing from thin air, they are actually entering through unlocked doors. Lock yourself in and you will be safe. Of course, you will need either a key or the UNLOCK spell to get out of the room when you need to. The scout is equipped with the UNLOCK spell as well as the magician.

Drakkhen Hater 13-08-2007 10:48 PM

I had the SNES port of this game way back when. Man, that version is without a doubt the worst RPG I've ever played.

Think I'll give this a try anyway; after all it can't be any worse, right? :wallbash:

Spawney 22-08-2007 01:44 AM

Can anyone help me? I try to get into the pyramid, have seven tears but cant get into. I've read some walktroughs, but maybe my english isn't good enough. It seems to have sth to do with "2" arrow pools, but if I understood "arrow pool" correctly, there are 3 of them.

Guest 22-08-2007 01:56 AM

Somehow I got in. Shortly after the post. After 10-20 minutes of trying. ;)

12turtle12 22-08-2007 01:29 PM

"Can anyone help me? I try to get into the pyramid, have seven tears but cant get into. I've read some walktroughs, but maybe my english isn't good enough. It seems to have sth to do with "2" arrow pools, but if I understood "arrow pool" correctly, there are 3 of them."

I think it has something to do w/ either the direction you come from
(North,South,East, or West)

and / or

The time of day/night

Guest 22-08-2007 06:07 PM

yes, you've got to have the pool in the middle in your back when you try to enter.

After you've got all the tears, you have to search for 8 sarcophages in 4 of the castles and read the inscriptions. That was boring.

The current time is 02:11 PM (GMT)