Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Master of Orion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=180)

Frodo 03-10-2005 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Allord@Oct 3 2005, 09:46 PM
ok, i cant find the link do DL this file...

i WANT MOO1, i used to play it but i cant find the link to DL

can some 1 post it here plz?

The game is ESA, so you can't download it I'm afraid. :max:

bahman 04-10-2005 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Allord@Oct 3 2005, 09:46 PM
ok, i cant find the link do DL this file...

i WANT MOO1, i used to play it but i cant find the link to DL

can some 1 post it here plz?

Try this link EDIT: Other abandonware sites. Search fot your favourit game and it gives the name of other sites which is hosting the game. That is the fastest way to get the game you like.

bahman 04-10-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahman
Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonReborn
Ok i'm new to all this abandonware malarky, so don't blame me for sounding thick, but how do i go about getting games that are ESA protected?

Try other places which are given in the links. You will find your favorite game somewhere close.

I meant the links to other abondonware sites which you can find it in left and bottom of the home-page, not the other link. Sorry I should be more specific.

for the time it was made 15-11-2005 03:03 AM

This was one of the best stratagy games out there. We only forgot it because of Orion 2. It is still a classic.

bahman 18-11-2005 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by malice@Nov 18 2005, 05:55 PM
i cant play it because it says its under esa ?????? wtf is that i would liek to download it
You can't play the game

chickenman 18-11-2005 10:06 PM

read this: http://www.abandonia.com/main.php?nav=esaprotected

Sebatianos 18-11-2005 10:31 PM

1) Malice - you should always read the text you see. It's usually importaint and explains how you should do something, or why you shouldn't/can't do something.

2) to other people - this is an international site, so stop with such comments (learn english and similar). You never know where the person is from and which languages that pesron speaks!

rlbell 03-12-2005 12:14 AM

Hrm. . . No posts for two weeks. . . Maybe someone will read it anyways:

I have been playing MOO, off and on, since it came out. In fact, if it was not for MOO, I would have waited longer before getting a CD-ROM drive. I have memories of being able to go for coffee between turns on my 386. I just finished a couple of games.

Typically I play as either the Klackons or the Darloks, in a huge, hard galaxy, with five opponents. At average difficulty, I play whatever suits my whim. I have only managed to win an impossible game as the Darloks. My experience with impossible games is that as soon as I am one of the candidates for president of the republic, the republic forms against me. If I do not have the tech to drive away attacking fleets, I am rapidly exterminated. Sometimes, a race takes a dislike to me, and decides to wipe me out before the republic forms.

The Republic is apallingly bad at prosecuting wars (in my experience), so do not give up; until, they are annihilating your star systems.

About small ships: A stack of fifty-three starships with energy pulsars will destroy all stacks of small ships adjacent to them, even the unlikely scenario of small ships with class XV shields, and neutronium armor. The higher tech pulsarwill do it with a stack of twenty-seven ships. Okay, I tend to put beams on my small ships, because I am biased against missiles on my starships. At the higher tech levels, huge ships rock. If you can build the toughest ships in the game (Neutronium II armor and advanced damage control), it takes just over a thousand points of damage to even weaken it. A stack of those will easily handle The Guardian.

About The Guardian; it is very terrifying at the lower difficulty levels (when you are tempted to tackle it with inadequite weapons), but a bit of a wuss at the hardest levels (but usually because I can never get to it before I can attack it with megabolt cannon, plasma cannon, or -- in one extreme case-- maulers. I have stopped using the the Death Beam on my starships, and I only smack the Guardian to shrink all of my other weapons.

Given the problems of stack sweeping attacks, I have a fondness for medium ships. They are fast enough to build, can incorporate both beams and bombs, and still have room for state of the art targetting computers and a shield.

The wierdest game that I played was one where noone developed a better ground attack weapon than the fusion bomb. Interstellar wars were futile affairs; until, I discovered the mauler.

Calabite 03-12-2005 01:15 AM

Master of Orion was something of a pioneering game. I couldn't believe how good it was when I first found it. It stole many hours of my life and is one of the most replayable games I have ever played.

This all came to an end when I played the first sequal. It destroyed the original game for me. I shouldn't really complain as moo2 and 3 still give me playing time even now, but I do miss playing moo1 without wishing it was the sequal.

As an afterthought, the fantastic worlds civ2 version had a fantastic scenario called Master of Orion jr that was amazingly well put together.

Mike

Doctadeth 03-12-2005 04:50 AM

Master of orion, oh the fond memories of having lots and lots of hours leeched away of my life.

In other words, this game ROCKS. The gameplay is still some of the best I have seen, The visuals, tho corny aren't too shabby either. But the real bonus I love is just the interconnectingness of the races.

My typical setup is Pilson, and I research up to xortrinum armour I think it is, then I start colonising. When you are finished, you will have around 6 colonies rapidly growing, all fully terraformed and everything. Then you construct starships and destroy the smallest opponent. Not the ones zeroing in on you, but the smallest.

The current time is 06:10 AM (GMT)