Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I can't play Death Gate (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19665)

Infinium 30-04-2009 01:12 PM

I can't play Death Gate

Even after having read the disscussion on the game and trying all the advice. I use Dos Box and vista:sick::sick:

The Fifth Horseman 30-04-2009 01:18 PM

Please describe your problem, the exact steps you have tried to resolve it - in detail, exactly as you performed them - and what results did you achieve, especially any error messages that occured.
Without a proper problem description, there is very little we can do to help you apart from directing you to Beginner's Guide to DOSBox.

Infinium 01-05-2009 05:08 AM

Ok, I've worked it out now but it took a bit of reading and a long time! That was really hard, I hope the game is a lot easier.

There were too many trials to mention here:sick:

Eagle of Fire 01-05-2009 05:20 AM

Poor newbie, having trouble working out DOS games... :p

Actually I'm slightly impressed you worked it out by yourself. You scored a point there, chief. :OK:

_r.u.s.s. 01-05-2009 01:52 PM

if people simply read the readme file, they would have saved the trouble of reading 23049823 words long manuals and "newbie guides"

Infinium 02-05-2009 09:40 AM

I read all the guides there were, all the advice. None of them worked. One bit of advice came close and I improvised.

I'm not a newbie to dos box but I don't get too technical with it either, most of the games work.

dosraider 02-05-2009 10:08 AM

[Echo]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman (Post 362185)
Please describe your problem, the exact steps you have tried to resolve it - in detail, exactly as you performed them - and what results did you achieve, especially any error messages that occured.

[/Echo]
You still haven't given ANY relevant info.
You posted 3 posts with a lot of blah blah, but no detailed relevant info.

Begin with posting:
Dosbox version?
All your mount lines?
How you try to run the game? Inputs? Results?

Exact and detailed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinium (Post 362184)
I use Dos Box and vista:sick::sick:

You can forget the :sick:, it is a fact that dosbox works fine under Vista, Vista is NOT the problem, the problem is what's between the chair and the keyboard.

_r.u.s.s. 02-05-2009 10:21 AM

well i thought he solved already=P

dosraider 02-05-2009 10:26 AM

ORLY?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinium (Post 362369)
I read all the guides there were, all the advice. None of them worked. One bit of advice came close and I improvised.

:doh2:

_r.u.s.s. 02-05-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinium (Post 362239)
Ok, I've worked it out now but it took a bit of reading and a long time! That was really hard, I hope the game is a lot easier.

There were too many trials to mention here:sick:

YARLY

The current time is 05:40 AM (GMT)