Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Best Multiplayer Games! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=2444)

shleepy 15-01-2005 07:11 PM

I don't know why I didn't make this post earlier on thse forums, since this is one of those questions that keeps me visiting this site :)

What are some of the old-ish games (or just games with relatively low requirements) that are awesome for LAN'ing, or at least hot-seat games (although there's plenty of those and I'm more interested in LAN). They do not necessarily have to be abandonware.

For me and my friends - we still enjoy a bit of AOE2 at my house and will soon get a bigger LAN going with it. A couple of the games I want to try over LAN are Fallout Tactics and Operation Flashpoint. Fallout Tactics is because I was really looking forward to the promised head-to-head multiplayer in Commandos 3 and was very dissapointed when they only had co-op for multiplayer. Then, I heard that Fallout Tactics has a multiplayer mode that's similar to what I wanted. Operation Flashpoints - want to try it because it's a pretty good sniping game, and I love sniping over LAN, and Delta Force 1 and 3 get boring quite quickly.

evilded 15-01-2005 07:51 PM

Check out Heroes of Might and Magic. The whole HoMM series are great fun in multiplay.

TaloN 15-01-2005 08:08 PM

close combat 2. amazin game.

very active community at

www.tournamenthouse.com for all clsoe combat games. :D

Omuletzu 15-01-2005 08:35 PM

HoMM 2 :D
Other than that, worms armagheddon :sneaky:

shleepy 15-01-2005 11:20 PM

HoMM3 is one that I used to enjoy with hot-seat but BOY does that game get boring and repetitive after about 5 hours of playing it straight. I don't mean that I'd stop playing it after 5 hours and then resume the next day, but rather that after playing it for a long time straight, I do not want to play it for another half a year...

Close Combat series - good idea :) Haven't LANed those, as far as I can remember, but the concept is interesting.

Worms - tsall about Worms World Party :D The 3D one isn't too bad, either.

Yamcha 15-01-2005 11:26 PM

HOMM 3 is great and with the Wog is greater

mouse31e 15-01-2005 11:58 PM

Personally HOMM2 followed closely by HOMM3. :D :D
HOMM1 was a bit too slow for my liking and could easily take forever!:blink:

Then Worms2 followed closely by Worms Armageddon. :D
Not really much between these two, I just generally prefer Worms2!

Arma 16-01-2005 02:26 PM

Well, I generally like strategy games a lot, especially for multiplaying. But I'm missing a few titles here like The Settlers, Starcraft and warcraft. If u ask me they r more fun than the turn based games like HoMM :tomato: .

Arma goes nostalgic

Tulac 16-01-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arma@Jan 16 2005, 04:26 PM
Well, I generally like strategy games a lot, especially for multiplaying. But I'm missing a few titles here like The Settlers, Starcraft and warcraft. If u ask me they r more fun than the turn based games like HoMM :tomato: .

Arma goes nostalgic

Well there's certainly more STRATEGY in HOMM titles than in starcraft/warcraft which is based on the who clicks faster system.

wormpaul 16-01-2005 04:39 PM

What can i say..

GO PLAY

heroes of might and magic 3!!!

tHAT WAS so great togheter :angel:

The current time is 07:29 PM (GMT)