Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Music, Art, Movies (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Do You Donate? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=16006)

jg007 28-10-2007 06:26 PM

I listen to a lot of music from garage band and similar sites where the music is free to download but where you are supposed to donate if you like it. I have donated to Jonathan Coulton for some of his music but I usually cannot afford to give anything as I am really short of spare cash at present and there are a lot of sites I would like to give money to.

it ia a similar thing with sites like abandonia / classic dos games etc I wish I could give them all loads of cash but budget constraints get in the way :(

.... so I am just curious how many of you would donate ??

Mighty Midget 28-10-2007 06:56 PM

Donated? As in over internet? Never. If I bought albums at the venue after the gig? Yes.

DeathDude 28-10-2007 07:36 PM

Not directly to an artist over the internet no, paying a concert ticket, getting a merch shirt at a concert for the band, in that case yes, which is in a way a sort of donation to the band.

Eagle of Fire 28-10-2007 08:44 PM

I'd never pay for music. I own no music CD that I didn't receive as a gift, and even then I never listen to them.

I have mp3s on my computer of the songs I like the most, but even then I listen to them only once in a blue moon...

_r.u.s.s. 28-10-2007 09:10 PM

wow, each option has 1 vote in this pool (i voted for yes if i could)

jg007 29-10-2007 07:10 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Oct 28 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]317628[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I'd never pay for music. I own no music CD that I didn't receive as a gift, and even then I never listen to them.

I have mp3s on my computer of the songs I like the most, but even then I listen to them only once in a blue moon...
[/b]
but.. If you did find a song on a site that you really liked and it was a free download would you feel like donating if you could afford ??

Eagle of Fire 29-10-2007 07:43 AM

No. Why would I ever do that? There is risks involved when you purchase anything online, and I already don't find it worthy of my time...

dosraider 29-10-2007 10:54 AM

No.
Simple reason: I never pay for something on internet.
Also I never expect to be paid for something I put up.

Internet is created as a fuc*ing FREE OF CHARGE medium.
You made it a rotten commercial restricted happening.

_r.u.s.s. 29-10-2007 10:59 AM

maybe some people just wanted to promote their music (for free) on the internet and if you like their work, you appretiate it and gift them cash?

Scatty 29-10-2007 11:39 AM

I might buy a music CD if I see a good one, but I never donate over internet. Besides, I have to admit that I feel like supporting dosraider's point, internet was first of all a place free of all commercial toads until they began to creep in, bringing their accursed advertisement and spyware with them which is now spread all over the internet like a pest.

The current time is 11:47 AM (GMT)