Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite Game That Everyone Else Hates (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3000)

Anovich 08-02-2005 02:47 PM

There are just some games that everybody seems to have something against, the critics shoot them down and they're generally considered to kindda blow.
And yet you love it.
We've all played bad games, but some of them, no matter how bad just does something for us or maybe awakens some nostalgia or something!

Now, the very first games I played was by Sierra and when Kings Quest 7 came out I was about 10 years old and this was HUGE!!!
So yeah I developed a special love for it that can't be killed even though as I've grown older I've come ti realize it's probably not as great as I'd like to think...

So. What's your secret shame-game?

TheVoid 08-02-2005 02:52 PM

Mine is probably Captain Comic.

I've played it for years with my MUM LOL I was 4-6, she fired and I moved ;) that's when I learnt how to use DOS.

Today, it's probably kinda repetitive and graphics aren't top-notch even for the time it was released. But I still love it :cheers:

Sebatianos 08-02-2005 03:16 PM

I gues there would be quite a few of them really. But the one that sticks out most in my mind is:

Dragon's Lair 2
The game was reated so average and insignificant, it was supposed to be outdated when it came out... But I love it.

Kerebear 08-02-2005 03:33 PM

Mine would probably be things like digger (digdug?), frogger, alleycat, which were all around when I was young. I don't think there is anything wrong with them so I'm not ashamed of them. ;)

I was playing Leisure Suit Larry original game when I was about 6, but always on the clean level. And I didn't really understand what the game was about. :wub:

Anovich 08-02-2005 03:44 PM

oooooh alley cat! best theme tune EVER! hehe

Stroggy 08-02-2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anovich@Feb 8 2005, 03:47 PM

Now, the very first games I played was by Sierra and when Kings Quest 7 came out I was about 10 years old and this was HUGE!!!
So yeah I developed a special love for it that can't be killed even though as I've grown older I've come ti realize it's probably not as great as I'd like to think...

Haha, same here.
I always knew it was a cheesy and stupid game but I loved the pretty pictures and always wanted to find a new location just so I could see it.
I still have the game here somewhere.

Anovich 08-02-2005 03:48 PM

OMG I'm not alone! yay!

my sis and I played it so many times the cd broke and I haven't gotten a new one so I don't even have it anymore LOL

IdaGno 09-02-2005 01:55 AM

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Dranoor

More unesteemed than even Daikatana but a great game, no matter the critics.

Stroggy 09-02-2005 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Anovich@Feb 8 2005, 04:48 PM
OMG I'm not alone! yay!

my sis and I played it so many times the cd broke and I haven't gotten a new one so I don't even have it anymore LOL

I played it 5 times but only managed to finish it once.
I once came close to finishing it again but got stuck in that place in the clouds where you had to capture something (its been so long I've forgotten what it was, but you had to harness something)

Reup 09-02-2005 10:48 AM

FreeCell... :whistle:

The current time is 07:55 AM (GMT)