Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dizziness/headache From Fps Or Fprpg (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11053)

bizarrejpeg 19-07-2006 05:45 PM

i always get dizzy in fast paced games.

rabadi 20-07-2006 01:12 AM

Sorry for starting the thread and then seemingly neglecting it for days. I was sick for the last 3 days (no, not because of playing FPS or FPRPG :bleh: ). Anyway, thanks for all the responses.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Jul 15 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]243414[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i don't get side effects, you're all weird
[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jul 16 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]243480[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I never experienced side effects while playing games... I think, too, that you are all weird...[/b]
I knew some will give this kind of response, ha... ha... :bleh:

Quintopotere mentioned about a 007 FPS. I remember playing James Bond: Nightfire, but I did not get any headache, and I must say that should have lots more active movement compared to Arx Fatalis. Strange...

U-Boat Commander David 20-07-2006 02:22 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Jul 15 2006, 02:33 PM) [snapback]243414[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i don't get side effects, you're all weird
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jul 15 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]243417[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

me niether, i have played lots of FPSes and other games but i never head headache or something
[/b]
Same Here. Plaing the FPS "Prey" 10 Hours, no Problems. But i get Tiered after 5 Hours, and my eyes are tired, but no "Simulator Sickness". The only side effects are:

1. I cannot feel my A$$, because it is too tiered from the long sitting.
2. Look benath.
3. I Walk a bit funny, my legs are a bit Stiffy. Again, this has something to do with the long time not moving. Her Majestys Guards (Those never moving dudes from England) Expierience the same after Standing Guard for 6 Hours. Again, i do not expierience "Simulator Sickness".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(#BlakhOle# @ Jul 16 2006, 02:13 AM) [snapback]243468[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Sometimes when ive just got up from spending a while in front of the screen, the world seems a little yellower or darker for some reason, which i rather like coz i can look in a mirror in winter and imagine ive got a tan :) . But its never really made me feel sick, im kinda with danny, i only usually play for that long a time when im sick already.
[/b]
That is simply cos you look at the bright screen. Had the same after a 7 Hour TV marathon. Your eyes get tired, and colors change. No "Simulator Sickness".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Jul 16 2006, 08:46 PM) [snapback]243494[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

You're supposed to take regular breaks from you pc, as well. I think it is 15-20 mins break for every hour.

:ok:
[/b]
I never do that. Not once in 10 Hours.

BTW, i just played so long to Prove my new Claim:

"Simulator Sickness" is a Hoax to Scare off gamers from thier favorite Hobby.
This is sure a New Trick of some Conservative Parents wanting to get thier Childs away from the monitor.

rabadi 20-07-2006 03:57 AM

If it is a hoax, how come my headache is so real? :huh:

U-Boat Commander David 20-07-2006 04:13 AM

You are Expieriencing the "OMFG 3D makes me feeling Wierd" syndrome. It's well known.

I just made a JOKE with that Hoax thingy, damnit! The rest is true.

rabadi 20-07-2006 05:39 AM

I knew you were joking. I was just pulling your legs ^_^

Icewolf 20-07-2006 06:58 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(U-Boat Commander David @ Jul 20 2006, 04:22 AM) [snapback]244073[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

BTW, i just played so long to Prove my new Claim:

"Simulator Sickness" is a Hoax to Scare off gamers from thier favorite Hobby.
This is sure a New Trick of some Conservative Parents wanting to get thier Childs away from the monitor.[/b]
Whow, Dude, that was the most sensible post I've seen from you! :ok:

U-Boat Commander David 20-07-2006 05:52 PM

However, everything before the Part of my post you Quoted, is True.

KidCanary 23-07-2006 03:26 PM

I get sick playing all games with the walk-bounce effect (Duke Nukem 3D, Kingpin, and others). Sometimes I still get if it's a particularly fast game.

Although I don't think I've gotten sick playing console games, so perhaps it's something to do with my monitor.

Blood-Pigggy 23-07-2006 09:55 PM

The only FPS that makes me dizzy is Killzone, becuase the screen WILL NOT STAY STILL. Everything your character does moves the camera, walking, sprinting, reloading, firing, climbing a ladder, crawling, crouching, vaulting over things, using heavy weaponry, picking up guns, equipping weapons, throwing grenades, EVERYTHING, they try to make it realistic but it just makes ya sick.

The current time is 04:19 PM (GMT)