Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dizziness/headache From Fps Or Fprpg (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11053)

Dark Piedone 15-07-2006 07:38 PM

Almost all the games give me dizziness, because I play sometimes 6 hours non stop (yeah i know the message GET A LIFE !) but I like the sensation, the room spinning around, you lose your equilibrium, walk in zig-zag. But when i don't have free time, and I stay at the computer for a half an hour/1 hour I have a minor headache or the sensation of nausea (sometimes not all the time).

This kind of stuff i experienced with FPS especially at Quake 3 or Doom, RPG's only at Septerra Core (I have a record at this game)... heck ! I experience even at strategies or Arcade.

#BlakhOle# 16-07-2006 02:13 AM

Sometimes when ive just got up from spending a while in front of the screen, the world seems a little yellower or darker for some reason, which i rather like coz i can look in a mirror in winter and imagine ive got a tan :) . But its never really made me feel sick, im kinda with danny, i only usually play for that long a time when im sick already.

Eagle of Fire 16-07-2006 05:41 PM

I never experienced side effects while playing games... I think, too, that you are all weird... :bleh:

More seriously, some people are more affected than others to 3D movement and quick light flashes. If you experience such things, you should be cautious and not overdo it. There is some conditions such as epilepsy which can be really dangerous...

Japo 16-07-2006 06:16 PM

Me neither... Being sleepy after playing all night long is another thing. :P But EOF is right, keep it easy boys and gals. :banned:

Frodo 16-07-2006 08:46 PM

You're supposed to take regular breaks from you pc, as well. I think it is 15-20 mins break for every hour.

:ok:

gregor 17-07-2006 08:23 AM

My ex roommate has it. But he only gets it with old games like Doom or Heretic. With new ones with open GL he has no problem.

I on the other hand never had any problems. even with wolfenstein's "repetitive" textures which didn't seem so repetitive at the time.

Icewolf 17-07-2006 11:11 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Jul 15 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]243407[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Descent had a buddy of mine, after a marathon 4 hours play time, actually hearing voices in the room that weren't there.[/b]
:omg2:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Jul 15 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]243414[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i don't get side effects, you're all weird[/b]
LOL Yes, of course... :hysterical:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Jul 16 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]243494[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

You're supposed to take regular breaks from you pc, as well. I think it is 15-20 mins break for every hour.

[/b]
Yeah like you're supposed not to go on a car ride for over four hours and everyone does so, still. <_<

However I don't get side effects as well, not even those days when I had that old CRT. ^_^

Frodo 17-07-2006 07:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Jul 17 2006, 12:11 PM) [snapback]243575[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Jul 16 2006, 10:46 PM) [snapback]243494[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
Yeah like you're supposed not to go on a car ride for over four hours and everyone does so, still. <_<
[/b][/quote]

My point was, if you stare at a pc monitor for hours on end, you're gonna get tired. Of course you're gonna get side effects - your brain will start imagining things, and get headaches etc. <_<

Icewolf 18-07-2006 10:01 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Jul 17 2006, 09:07 PM) [snapback]243671[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

My point was, if you stare at a pc monitor for hours on end, you're gonna get tired. Of course you're gonna get side effects - your brain will start imagining things, and get headaches etc. <_< [/b]
Sorry, no offense. It's just too usual to me that we act unsensible towards our health. That's what I meant. Not to flame your statement. :ok:

troop18546 18-07-2006 02:05 PM

I happens when staring at visually incorect, unstable and cheezy graphics most of the time. I've had lots of these momentums while playing many games. Headacke's suck :( .

The current time is 09:47 PM (GMT)