Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Abandonia..reloaded? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7752)

GunshySlycat1 24-10-2005 01:58 PM

I think the reloaded site should be kicked to the side. I really don't see a purpose for it to tell you the truth. Why not just stick all the games in here? Oh and I want to contribute things, how do I do that?

A. J. Raffles 24-10-2005 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GunshySlycat1@Oct 24 2005, 01:58 PM
I think the reloaded site should be kicked to the side. I really don't see a purpose for it to tell you the truth. Why not just stick all the games in here? Oh and I want to contribute things, how do I do that?
Why, thanks a lot.:angry: Just for your information: we put a lot of effort into AR, even if some people don't seem to be able to appreciate it.

Tom Henrik 24-10-2005 02:03 PM

1. Abandonia is 100% illegal
2. Abandonia Reloaded is 100% legal

Should explain everything, really ;)

You contribute by telling us what you want to do and we either give you a thumbs up, or explain why you can't.

Welcome to the site :cheers:

Frodo 24-10-2005 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GunshySlycat1@Oct 24 2005, 02:58 PM
Just because you don't like AR, doesn't mean everyone should forget about it.

As AJ said, a lot of work has gone into that site, and most of us DO appreciate it.

Tom Henrik 24-10-2005 03:33 PM

Hehe... Guess he won't like the... *counts*.... 3 more sites that we are currently planning :bleh:

Frodo 24-10-2005 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 04:33 PM
Hehe... Guess he won't like the... *counts*.... 3 more sites that we are currently planning :bleh:
:Brain: (gets excited)

Toooommmmm ..... spill the beans, what have you got planned? :D

punch999 24-10-2005 03:49 PM

Please say it involves a OS and a google killer

A. J. Raffles 24-10-2005 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Frodo+Oct 24 2005, 03:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Frodo @ Oct 24 2005, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 04:33 PM
:Brain: (gets excited)

Toooommmmm ..... spill the beans, what have you got planned? :D [/b][/quote]
My guess would be that they're going to be called Abandonia Reloaded Reloaded, Abandonia Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded and Abandonia Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded.:D

Tom Henrik 24-10-2005 03:55 PM

You won't see them for a while, anyways :bleh:

They are still only on the idea-board :)

First thing is to decide if there's a need for any of them, then work on ideas for how to do it, then design it, then collect stuff, then launch.

So, it will be a good time into the future.

But...
They are:
  • An Emulator Site
    For abandoned ROMS. The Emulator-Scene is an extremelly shady area, and balancing a site with only "sligthly" illegal ROMS will be difficult. (This will be the hardest site to design.)
  • An Abandonware Radio
    Stream wonderful music of great oldies directly to your machine, and listen to it while browsing the net. We'll only have the best music, and won't stream 10 seconds track.
  • An Auction Site
    A place where people can buy/sell games, basically. We are working on thinking up how to make it 100% secure (so you won't send money to someone without getting the game).
All these sites are on the idea table, and we are currently discussing how we should do it. We have a pretty good idea, though. So if all goes well, we will soon start working on designing them. :ok:

Basically, we want the name Abandonia to be synonomous with Service. We try to cater to everyone, and if we did all this on one site... well, it would be a complete mess. Our main focus are games, and we will stick to that, and it's a huge gaming world out there.

:cheers:

Frodo 24-10-2005 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 04:55 PM
You won't see them for a while, anyways :bleh:

They are still only on the idea-board :)

First thing is to decide if there's a need for any of them, then work on ideas for how to do it, then design it, then collect stuff, then launch.

I'll look out for them first thing tomorrow. LOL

Toxik 24-10-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 05:55 PM

They are:[*]An Emulator Site
For abandoned ROMS. The Emulator-Scene is an extremelly shady area, and balancing a site with only "sligthly" illegal ROMS will be difficult. (This will be the hardest site to design.)

I tought any Rom is legal if you delete it ater 24 hours and its not biz of the site providing them if sombody dosent

(Jesus,that post looks horrible,true annihilation of grammar :eeeeeh: )

A. J. Raffles 24-10-2005 06:08 PM

Actually I think that's just another one of those urban myths, similar to "it's legal to download a game you own/used to own/might have owned"...

Sebatianos 24-10-2005 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 05:55 PM
  • An Emulator Site

Excelent idea (I guess C64 games would fall into this category right - in that case count me in).

Quote:

• An Abandonware Radio
    Stream wonderful music of great oldies directly to your machine, and listen to it while browsing the net. We'll only have the best music, and won't stream 10 seconds track.

Uh, uh - can it be soundtracks of ESA protected games also? Or newer games? Inca Sound track (I & II) are simply awesome, and don't even get me started on 7th guest sound trek (The Game - is a great rock song anyway and Skeletons in my Closet is a jazzy song with a great vocal).

Quote:

• An Auction Site
    A place where people can buy/sell games, basically. We are working on thinking up how to make it 100% secure (so you won't send money to someone without getting the game).

Could work, but I really don't know...

Oh and about Abandonia Reloaded - well I prefer the original, but AR is a great site as well (actually it's more suffisticate, so it's even better then the original). I just can't really warm up to the forums (to quiet for my taste).

Tom Henrik 24-10-2005 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Toxik@Oct 24 2005, 06:03 PM
I tought any Rom is legal if you delete it ater 24 hours and its* not* biz of the site providing them if sombody dosent
No.

And here's why:
If anything harms the income of a product that is for sale, it is illegal (unless the suffering part has allowed it).

Now...
Let's say I want to play Super Mario Bros on Nintendo. Well, the game can't be bought anywhere, but... The machine is still for sale!

Why would this matter? Simple.

If you want to play the Nintendo version of a game, you either have the machine... or you don't. If you have the machine, then Nintendo have already gotten their well-deserved money from you - and downloading the ROM won't hurt anyone (apart from yourself, as these games are much better on the Nintendo). But because no-one can prove that you actually own the machine, no-one are actually entitled to supply you with a ROM (apart from Nintendo themselves).

The proper way to get the game you want is to use eBay or something similliar to get the game, and buy the machine from the company.

So basically we end up with this...

A ROM can be hosted if:
  • The console/machine is no longer sold.
  • The game is no longer sold.
  • The game is no longer supported.
  • The copyright owner won't disapprove.
Otherwise, you are breaking the law (more than nessecary) by hosting them.

Eagle of Fire 24-10-2005 08:20 PM

Thank you so much Tom, I am so pissed about having to say all the time that the "delete after 24h" or "you can download it if you own it" myths are just that; myths...

You just made my day.

Stebbi 24-10-2005 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 02:03 PM
1. Abandonia is 100% illegal

Why is abandonia illegal?
Quote:

I think the reloaded site should be kicked to the side. I really don't see a purpose for it to tell you the truth. Why not just stick all the games in here?
why? :eeeeeh: i like Ar :angry:

Doubler 24-10-2005 08:26 PM

Because putting copyrighted programs, which haven't been released as freeware, up for download is illegal :)
Even if they are old/no longer sold/no longer supported/etc.

moogle 25-10-2005 02:28 AM

Ohh!! :w00t: an emu site!!!!
I hope that I'l be able to find a couple of games there with me in them!!
Ok probly not LOL, but still, sounds exciting? Got a name for it yet?

Mr.Snuggles 25-10-2005 02:33 AM

Well if you doing a emu site. Im your best man for finding ANY rom in the world. I do mean so. :ok:

moogle 25-10-2005 04:15 AM

Hehe....
I'm better for the oldies!! SNES/NES in particular...

PrejudiceSucks 25-10-2005 09:26 AM

All I can say is that Abandonia Reloaded has a much more dedicated community (about 50% of posts are by the top 10 people) and that if people don't want to join then fair enough, we don't really want 6000 users cheers.

SupSuper 25-10-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

• An Abandonware Radio

I like this one, always been a (good) game music fanatic :D

If you need someone to supply it I'm here ;)

marko river 25-10-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Oct 24 2005, 07:10 PM
Excelent idea (I guess C64 games would fall into this category right - in that case count me in).

Why i'm not surprised to hear this :bleh:

Well, i'm really glad because all of this ideas (these three sites) were mentioned in forum. YOU GUYS ACTUALLY LISTEN TO US :tomato: :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

I would more than enjoy to hear Abandonia Radio. I got addicted to slayradio recently (since am C64 fan) and can't get enough of it. It would be nice to know that i will be able to hear all thos great tunes from PC games. Or maybe even all computers and consoles - now that would be a radio, or should i better say: THE radio

BeefontheBone 25-10-2005 06:56 PM

Dammit, now bits of music from command and conquer are stuck in my head.

I am a mechanical
I am a mechanical
I am a mechanical man

Blood-Pigggy 26-10-2005 12:39 AM

Oh my god.
Imagine all the fantastic Command & Conquer soundtracks you guys could play.

Grinder from RA2
Hell March from RA
Radio from C&C
Mutant from C&C TS

Oh yeah...

gorkur 26-10-2005 12:45 AM

I like AR and I agree totally that freeware games deserve a site of their own :ok:

I'm also a C64 fan and I do tend to listen to Slayradio when I'm on an internet café, since I get charged for downloads at home :(

moogle 26-10-2005 12:47 AM

What we need is the X Com UFO theme song!!!!
:angel: LOL

Stebbi 26-10-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gorkur@Oct 26 2005, 12:45 AM
I'm also a C64 fan and I do tend to listen to Slayradio when I'm on an internet café, since I get charged for downloads at home :(
Yub gorkur horrible times we live in here in iceland.... being charged for download :cry: :ranting:

SupSuper 26-10-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy+Oct 26 2005, 01:39 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Blood-Pigggy @ Oct 26 2005, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Oh my god.
Imagine all the fantastic Command & Conquer soundtracks you guys could play.

Grinder from RA2
Hell March from RA
Radio from C&C
Mutant from C&C TS

Oh yeah... [/b]

Not forgetting Act on Instinct and Mechanical Man from C&C and HM2 from RA2 :D

Damn, if I knew how I'd start a radio myself :P

<!--QuoteBegin-moogle

What we need is the X Com UFO theme song!!!!
:angel:* LOL
[/quote]As long as it's from the PSX version :) Kinda sad how that got better music and graphics than the PC version.

Tom Henrik 26-10-2005 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by marko_river@Oct 25 2005, 04:51 PM
Well, i'm really glad because all of this ideas (these three sites) were mentioned in forum. YOU GUYS ACTUALLY LISTEN TO US
Of course we do :)

Apocalypse Dude 27-10-2005 10:34 AM

Nintendo ROM's Yeah!!!!, I f you need any for the site, just contact me....

Frodo 27-10-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

[*]An Emulator Site

Will this include good ol' ZX Spectrum roms?

:max:

punch999 27-10-2005 08:47 PM

Does the radio need a site of its own
and if its a shoutcast thing this shouldnt take more then a day

moogle 28-10-2005 01:53 AM

This would be very hard, but, what about like a MOD site? A modification site ;) not moderator....

Just an idea :)

Bobbin Threadbare 28-10-2005 09:21 AM

@The freak that hates AR: Sure I don't visit AR as much as AB. Doesn't mean I hate it. Seriously, keep these feelings to yerself.

@Abandonia Radio: I've got lots of LEC music. Lots of it's already on the site. :ok:
@Abandonia Auctions: Great idea!
@Abandonia Emulation: You could maybe have some sort of thing where you type the barcode from the box of your system to allow the downloading of teh ROMs.

rafazolli 29-10-2005 11:48 AM

Man, it really bugs when someone criticizes something without any regard to the effort payed in it. Reloaded is a GREAT site. Fantastic design, awesome atmosphere, great reviews. It even sports interviews with the designers. i for one, love the site and will support it as long as it´s up, and i hope it stays for quite a loooong time.

Keep up the good work guys :ok:

marko river 11-11-2005 11:30 AM

Will abandonia radio (if you decide to create it) pplay only music from PC games, or all games will be included, since you think about emu site too?

a15drian 11-11-2005 11:51 AM

nice abandonia reloded i s cool

PrejudiceSucks 11-11-2005 12:09 PM

Urmm with the radio will you allow tracks by the people on the sites?

I've got quite a lot of the eJay stuff and might get FL studios, so it'd be nice to know.

JimmyJ 17-11-2005 12:12 AM

If we enter barcode from the box, no that won't work, no one keeps thier box }:|

Kearnsy 17-11-2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Oct 24 2005, 03:55 PM
Basically, we want the name Abandonia to be synonomous with Service. We try to cater to everyone, and if we did all this on one site... well, it would be a complete mess. Our main focus are games, and we will stick to that, and it's a huge gaming world out there.

:cheers:

Hooray for brand diversification!!!
A great way to capture market share and improve the image, as well as being able to widen the percivied positioning of the site to ever expanding markets!!!!! :Brain:

...Ahem, I have a business studies soon so now I shall go and check if my business ramplings are all correct.

...Oh and I cant wait for those sites!!!! Lookin' good!!
:ok:

Thornwood 26-11-2005 08:03 PM

Not sure if I'd listen to an online radio much. Depends, but it sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Someone here mentioned 7th Guest music. :w00t: Haven't played that game in ages, but I remember it clear as day. shame I never got to finish it before my older sister and my parents did (I was young at the time) and they deleted it. I think my Mom gave that game away, too. :(

But back onto the subject at hand. Although I don't visit AR as often as I do here, I think it's a great site and that I should find more time in the day to visit it more thoroughly.

punch999 26-11-2005 08:29 PM

Actually I really love the Metal gear solid 3 song.

Snake eater!!!

moogle 26-11-2005 11:35 PM

...hes been unbanned already?
Er, unsuspended?

Tulac 27-11-2005 09:12 AM

Ummm I'm not really interested in game music, methinks roms and alike would be a better idea...

Sean 27-11-2005 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by moogle@Oct 28 2005, 01:53 AM
This would be very hard, but, what about like a MOD site? A modification site ;) not moderator....

Just an idea :)

No no no NOT 'just an idea' it's a brilliant idea. However would it really be suitable for the abandonian culture? If Abandonia were to make a 'mod' site the culture there would be much different as we would attract a more 'modern' gaming crowd. Is this something that abandonia wants to do?

If so the mod idea just rules :)

Major Problem = Getting mod reviewers that aren't biased :)

punch999 27-11-2005 01:01 PM

If you made a mod site you would lose 90 percent of abandonias current group. So the community wouldnt be the same!

Danny252 27-11-2005 02:42 PM

Why would we lose people?

duckpatch 28-11-2005 10:53 AM

Can you please make it that the AR and Abandonia forums are bridged across?

BeefontheBone 28-11-2005 11:48 AM

Why do that? They're two separate sites with two separate forums, and this forum is plenty big enough already - why make it even more confusing?

A. J. Raffles 28-11-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Nov 28 2005, 12:48 PM
Why do that? They're two separate sites with two separate forums, and this forum is plenty big enough already - why make it even more confusing?
I agree. The AR part would get completely swamped in this forum. Besides, all the games that are on AR have a link to the AR site already, so anyone wishing to discuss games can easily do that with just as few clicks as it would take if the forums were combined.

Sean 28-11-2005 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by punch999@Nov 27 2005, 02:01 PM
If you made a mod site you would lose 90 percent of abandonias current group. So the community wouldnt be the same!
:eeeeeh: Do you even know what logic is? :eeeeeh:

punch999 28-11-2005 09:44 PM

I didnt mean that we would lose people I meant most current members wouldnt be there.

moogle 28-11-2005 11:41 PM

...so?
And your signature is....

duckpatch 29-11-2005 06:06 AM

Be a nice moggle :P

OK looks like I'll be singing up on AR then :P

BeefontheBone 29-11-2005 09:28 AM

We've already got some singing going on actually, both in a karaoke style and tai doing some actual singing, which is nice.

Sean 29-11-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by punch999@Nov 28 2005, 10:44 PM
I didnt mean that we would lose people I meant most current members wouldnt be there.
Although Reloaded & Abandonia share some common members most are unique to one site. There is no problem with reloaded.

Also, I find your signature offensive. Please refrain from insulting my 'mom' in the future.

Have A Nice Day

-

Sean

moogle 29-11-2005 11:13 PM

Yes, personally, I find that the member group on AR are a tiny but more deicated than some of us over here (no offense!) because its a small,er more "specialized" group of people, for example, there are a bit more artistically inclined people, *cough Tom! *cough Tai! *cough* over there than over here. :)

@Punch, I tend to agree with Shawn, I find you signature somewaht offense, now I'm not an admin or anything, so I can't make you change it, but I suggest you do, if not removing it entirely at least change Jesus to something else, how about hero?

BeefontheBone 29-11-2005 11:38 PM

So a mention of Jesus is offensive when clearly intended comically, but whoever it was' swear-filled enormous LotR gif featuring the incredibly derogatory term "gaylord" is fine?

This is way off-topic. I call for a closing!

moogle 30-11-2005 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Nov 30 2005, 12:38 AM
So a mention of Jesus is offensive when clearly intended comically, but whoever it was' swear-filled enormous LotR gif featuring the incredibly derogatory term "gaylord" is fine?

:blink: :huh: what are you talking about?
Oh!! that....well I do rather agree with you there, but, bolth are offensive, anyways ya, this needs a closing.

duckpatch 30-11-2005 05:02 AM

Quote:

We've already got some singing going on actually, both in a karaoke style and tai doing some actual singing, which is nice.
Ha..ha...ha...

Very funny :P

BeefontheBone 30-11-2005 10:02 AM

Seriously.

http://www.reloaded.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=594
http://www.reloaded.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=917

Enjoy.

kleine777 23-12-2005 01:28 PM

btw who runs ar the same people here or differnet people

BeefontheBone 24-12-2005 11:32 PM

Hey! Bumped!

Bit of both really - why not just check out the Impressum on the AR homepage and see? Kosta's the owner, same as here, but AR is Tai's baby really, and Tom's the other admin of note (BD, Titan et al. are there too, but more active over here).

Of course, it would all fall apart without the efforts of BeefontheRaffles :P

moogle 26-12-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BeefontheBone@Dec 25 2005, 12:32 AM
BeefontheRaffles
:omg: ...its a mutant... :omg:

Wolf Thug 27-12-2005 11:16 AM

both sites are great.....damn

Maikel 03-01-2006 05:59 PM

Yeah let's just dump the site where Kosta and I have spend countless hours on designing and building it. And where community people and Admins have spent countless hours on gathering content.

I hate it when people can't seem to comprehend the amount of work people put into websites like this :(

Ioncannon 03-01-2006 06:07 PM

Well the only reason why I dislike AR, is cause I have to be on 2 forums at once. Other then that I like it. BTW can I host a show or something on Abandonia Radio if you make one?

Javaguy 04-01-2006 06:43 AM

I sortof like abandonia re-loaded :)
some of the games are a little-uh.. odd and it isnt abandonia
but its good.. I wanna make a game to submit to it :ok:
and it has had a lot of work put into it, by the sound of it...
so this site IS 100% illegial??

WaAn 04-01-2006 01:39 PM

I don't understand people that think they decide about "Be or not to be" of the page. You don't like AR? You don't have to! :ranting: You will only lose chance to play fun freeware games. Unless you will find yourself another page.

Tom Henrik 05-01-2006 03:57 AM

People are free to decide which sites they want to visit, but we ain't removing none of the sites :bleh:

The current time is 12:17 PM (GMT)