Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How Can I Extract Soundfiles From Heretic? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4146)

Zarkumo 31-03-2005 06:43 AM

I just love some of the sounds in Heretic, e.g. the chanting of the monks and how the alter ego laughs when pickung up a new weapon.

Is there any chance I can extract these sounds and convert them to mp3, or can I download them somewhere off the web (not to my knowledge, I searched quite a bit)?

Cheers for help! :ok:

Omuletzu 31-03-2005 07:39 AM

i don't know, i'm just guessing here, but you would have to look into the mpq file, with some sort of disassembler

Zarkumo 31-03-2005 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Omuletzu@Mar 31 2005, 07:39 AM
i don't know, i'm just guessing here, but you would have to look into the mpq file, with some sort of disassembler
No .mpq file there, only .wad. But maybe i can look for a disassembler for that.

I know it can be done as there is the music soudtrack of the game available on some fansite in mp3 and ogg ( The site doesn't have a forum where I can ask this though :angry: )...

Omuletzu 31-03-2005 09:26 AM

wad sorry what was i thinking??

Zarkumo 31-03-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Omuletzu@Mar 31 2005, 09:26 AM
This is NOT the joke thread. :angry: ;)

Ioncannon 31-03-2005 10:28 AM

hmm I used to know how to extract wads..... let me get back to you I will try to remeber....

kk, got it, just need to get the old editing progs, seems like heteric uses the old MUS format :D (wolf3d uses a converted MUS into a IMF)

Ioncannon 31-03-2005 10:51 AM

all ready, k all ready, all I need is your pwad (most likely called heteric.wad or something) there seems to be alot of FX so that might be long process to convert.... anyway all I need is the pwad and I can get you all that you need...

Zarkumo 31-03-2005 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ioncannon@Mar 31 2005, 10:51 AM
all ready, k all ready, all I need is your pwad (most likely called heteric.wad or something) there seems to be alot of FX so that might be long process to convert.... anyway all I need is the pwad and I can get you all that you need...
What do you convert it into? And what prog do you use?

Do you want me to email you the .wad file? (It's 13,5 MB)

Wouldn't it be easier if you told me the prog and I do it myself?

Anyway thanks so far for your help. :ok:

Strobe 31-03-2005 11:31 AM

i have "wavelab" on my computer. it's a very useful software for any recording
tasks. when i like to record the sound of a specific game, i start wavelab and
afterwards i start the game, which contains the sound i'd like to record.

then i hit "tab" to switch between the game and wavelab and in wavelab's interface
i activate the option to record. as the game sound is being routed on the same
soundcard which wavelab is "listening" to, it's easy to capture the desired sounds
this way.

the same goes with movies and such...

Omuletzu 31-03-2005 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zarkumo+Mar 31 2005, 12:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Zarkumo @ Mar 31 2005, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Omuletzu@Mar 31 2005, 09:26 AM
This is NOT the joke thread. :angry: ;) [/b][/quote]
off topic, but i wasn't joking, maybe you misunderstood...

The current time is 01:21 PM (GMT)