Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Old Is Better (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10507)

FISHCHAIR 04-06-2006 05:13 PM

:wallbash: the old Tomb raider games are Better than the "Crap" They brought out for the new Xbox and PS2. tomb raider for the PS2 was just pathetic how could they even call it tomb raider, it took me just over three days to compleat the game. Thats no joke, the new one for the 360 ok "StuningGraphics"with "superb lighting effects" is pretty good but its how the game plays is what counts ! they should have done a remake from the PS1 toomys with different levels. i dont understand what the programers are on these days I say its the playability that counts !. stick to the Origonal Ideas. i say if it aint Broke Dont fix it !

Javaguy 04-06-2006 06:15 PM

I cant comment on the new ones, but TR III was superb, and chronicles just wasnt the same for me.

FISHCHAIR 04-06-2006 06:20 PM

you took the words right out of my mouth i couldnt have said it better, chronicals was poo, and toomy 3 was the best out of the lot, i tried to get all the secrets but never could, the funny thing about toomy 3 was when you started there was a secret just over on the left handside under a bush just before you started the big slid down.

Quintopotere 04-06-2006 06:24 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GAME-CRACK @ Jun 4 2006, 05:13 PM) [snapback]234222[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

:wallbash: the old Tomb raider games are Better than the "Crap" They brought out for the new Xbox and PS2.
[/b]
If you're right, I'm a relly smart guy, cause I've played only the first Tomb Raider! :D

Being serious, I think that after the first episode (as for other game series) they made the sequels only to exploit the succes obtained... without using moreover the brain and the creativity...

Grinder 04-06-2006 07:15 PM

I read a book about the history of videogames. I don't remember the title, but it talked a lot about Tomb Raider. How they landed a huge hit with the first part and copied and copied in the following parts. Sure, Lara Croft is hot, but hellooo you need a good story for a good game. Sex is not the only thing that sells.
Did you ever wonder why the other parts took you all around the world, but the 4th one was situated entirely in Egypt? Ever thought about the time when The Mummy came out? And was a hit? Well, Tomb Raider was right after that. And it was in Egypt. Coincidence?

Really, the games keep getting worse. Graphics isn't everything. That's what I love this place for. Honoring the real gems. Those that people will remember.

EDIT:
By the way, I own parts 1 and 3. 3 was the only decent one of the follow ups.

U-Boat Commander David 05-06-2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Really, the games keep getting worse. Graphics isn't everything. That's what I love this place for. Honoring the real gems.[/b]
Ahmen jung Abandonia Padawan! May the DosBox be with you... :bleh:

Blood-Pigggy 05-06-2006 02:38 AM

This Tomb Raider is more fun.
I hated the glitches in the first game (shudders at the second temple bear glitch in original) really, number Two in the Tomb Raider series was the best nostalgic wise, but I would never trade in the new one (Legends) for the number Two, it's just more fun.

#BlakhOle# 05-06-2006 07:11 AM

I got so bored of angel of darkness i didnt even bother finishing it, but two has definately got to be my favourite. I was thinking about buying legends for PS2 sometime soon, but after this thread, i guess perhaps its a great day to save my pennies...

gregor 05-06-2006 04:42 PM

I was always interested who put all the traps in those levels and how?? how did they make it? :)

like the infinitive number of darts or falling rocks how did those cultures set them up?

The Fifth Horseman 05-06-2006 04:54 PM

Personally, I quite liked the demo of Legend. Considering to get the full one for my birthday on 14th, actually.

The current time is 10:17 PM (GMT)