Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Saddam Hussein's Trial (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7098)

PrejudiceSucks 08-09-2005 07:02 PM

Right. There's a trial on and Saddam Hussein is the defendant. If you ask me, it's a show trial. He's going to be killed and the Bushes are going to love it.

Here's what Saddam has done that people may dislike :

Gassed the Kurds
Killed off political opponents

Here's what he's done that people may respect :

Kept his people alive after sanctions
Run a country in a bad place quite well

Here's what the Bushes have done that people may dislike :

Held a grudge that has lost many lives from both countries
Put in sanctions
Carpet bombed about ten thousand refugees on the road to Syria so that American troops could leave Iraq faster.
Cheated in the US elections
Lied about Iraq
Used public xenophobia to help the war effort
Lost billions

Here's what people may respect :

They've both tried to lead their countries through difficult times
They both try to lead people with the 'american dream'
They're full of childlike innocence and a will to win.

They've all killed about the same amount of people. The answer is, which ones should live and which should die?

Tulac 08-09-2005 07:06 PM

They should all live and suffer for what they've done...

PrejudiceSucks 08-09-2005 07:07 PM

That's the reason that I voted 'nobody should die'.

Doubler 08-09-2005 07:07 PM

Aye, same for me.
Nobody should die.

Tulac 08-09-2005 07:12 PM

Meh I voted Saddam and bush jr. should die, bur I read the post, and change the opinion (I didn't think they should literally die..)

Blood-Pigggy 08-09-2005 07:23 PM

Why didn't you just say Saddam should die up there?
I was looking for that option, but putting Bush and Bush Sr. up there is just immature political bashing.

I said no one should die.

Nick 08-09-2005 07:25 PM

"Judge Saddam Hussein..." For what? For that he was a leader of his country and ruled it? Maybe in his specific manner, but, come on... Americans can't event deal with New Orleans, but SH keeped his country in shape. He reminds me something from Stalin. In our country some people even now think, that he was godlike. Although all of them are old persons.
I voted not to kill anybody. Bush's not right, but we shouldn't go down to kinds like he. We must be above it all and watch with sarcastic smile as people trying to kill themselves... :D
Unfortunately, politic is dirty work. But what can we do?... :cry:

swiss 08-09-2005 07:28 PM

Nobody should die but they all should be put somewhere for the rest of their lifes where they can think about human rights on war and on what it was that they did wron. :ranting:

Fruit Pie Jones 08-09-2005 07:28 PM

*Sigh* Nope, no bias here. :not_ok:

Nick 08-09-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by swiss@Sep 8 2005, 07:28 PM
Nobody should die but they all should be put somewhere for the rest of their lifes where they can think about human rights on war and on what it was that they did wron. :ranting:
Holy truth, my friend. Full support. :ok:

The current time is 01:31 PM (GMT)