Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Risky Woods (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4407)

wendymaree 13-04-2005 03:54 AM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

wendymaree 13-04-2005 04:01 AM

Problem with download. Game not available for download just yet. Stay tuned.

:::time passes::

Problem resolved. :cheers:

Allen 13-04-2005 11:37 AM

Oh, Wow! I remember playing this when it first came out. Reminds me of Duke Nukem 2 as well. It's very fun and very fast.

bahman 13-04-2005 04:50 PM

This is a cool game. In fact I was looking for this game to play it another time, but I just forget the name. Anyway you might forget the name too, but you would never forget scenes and gameplay as I didn't and that is the point. Learning the Control is the hardest part of this game, the rest is easy. I mean it is enough atractive to chalenge you. As it was said before you have to be pretty fast and gain specific skills to be able to finish this game and this require a bit of patience and time. I remeber that my friends were wondering about my skills when I was playing in front of them.

Jota Be 14-04-2005 09:18 AM

LOL i am surprised to see this game here :ok: Being Spanish, i know this game quite well :D The first Spanish game to make it to console (Genesis)! (and i think that the only one till Commandos).

Very fun to play, and very hard (many jumps are near impossible, since one of the handicaps the player has to deal with is that the jump is very weak compared to most of games of that time). The game is rewarding by itself :ok:, and thankfully so, because... there is no ending!!! just a weird screen with the char raising his arm :not_ok:

AA 19-11-2005 10:28 PM

this game is not as hard as the review claims it to be... well it is, but only until you BUY AN AXE :Titan: :ok:

shooting at a prolific rate before jumpi ng is also a good idea. And again, this is even easier to do with an
AXE. :Titan:

Want to get rid of the parasitic wide-mouthed bats at leve 4 & 5? Slaughter them with AXES! :Titan:

Want to kill the end of level boss? THROW AXES persistently at him and his minions. :Titan:

AXES ROCK! and so does Risky Woods!

Thanks to abandonia, I can finally run this game... the copy I got from "Home of the Underdogs" was corrupt. You guys rock!

A. J. Raffles 19-11-2005 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AA@Nov 19 2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks to abandonia, I can finally run this game... the copy I got from "Home of the Underdogs" was corrupt. You guys rock!
Erm, yes, we do, but you do realise you won't be able to download it because it's ESA-protected and we lost our permission to host it, don't you?:unsure:

AA 19-11-2005 10:40 PM

oops I posted rather prematurely. :wall:

Luchsen 01-02-2008 04:20 PM

Risky Woods is not protected anymore and so downloadable again.

keropi_666 27-02-2010 05:09 PM

I did not know HOW to enable sb sounds and MT32 midi in the game (it looks for such devices in startup) so I had a look at risky.exe .... if you start it with the switch /c (for ex. c:\risky\risky /c ) it will bring up the setup screen where you can change the keys and sound devices. It will also display the in-games keys for sounds on/off , details and quit.

The current time is 10:39 AM (GMT)