Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Duke Nukem 3d (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=6645)

efthimios 08-08-2005 01:50 PM

It was the first FPS that I actualy finished, back when it was released. I always liked it more than Doom and Quake series. The original cd is back in Greece, so...
So, after years I installed and played Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition. Didn't expect much.

I was so wrong. The game is just amazing! Even after all these years! Sure strategy, rpgs etc can be great, but not FPS games! This one is like, wow!
I played a bit the first level (till I met my first pig with a shotgun, where I lost...and had forgotten to save the game LOL. Apart from the graphics which look fine, and the gameplay which is EXCELLENT, I was surprised with the sound, the sound effects are still very good, and the sound of your little gun is better than any other sound of a pistol/handgun in any other FPS as far as I remember.

What a game! :guns:

Kearnsy 08-08-2005 03:57 PM

yah this game is sweet!
i used to play this non stop. I even played the co-op with a friend + multiplayer (N64) for many nights on end!

you have great taste efthimios! :ok:

WildZeppelin 08-08-2005 08:32 PM

never let a friend borrow this.... cause now I have an ex-friend from now way out of town with no hope of getting it back.... guess I can't pick this up anywhere either...

Eagle of Fire 08-08-2005 09:11 PM

I remember back in the days being able to shoot any lesser ennemies only with my Desert Eagle with ease...

Ahhh, the time spent on the multiplayer map Warzone... :angel:

Sadly, they don't make such good games anymore.

Toxik 08-08-2005 09:49 PM

once i played this game so long my eyes turned red and i started vomiting
so now i dont like this game as i used to
(same with starcraft-playing it 16 hours with my friend on multiplayer)

efthimios 08-08-2005 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Aug 8 2005, 09:11 PM
I remember back in the days being able to shoot any lesser ennemies only with my Desert Eagle with ease...

Ahhh, the time spent on the multiplayer map Warzone... :angel:

Sadly, they don't make such good games anymore.

Well, they do, only that it takes them forever...

Eagle of Fire 09-08-2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Playing for that long, whatever the game, is not healthy... I seriously wonder how you manage that anyways... Sugar trip?

WildZeppelin 09-08-2005 05:07 AM

I enjoyed playing it. Especially loved the wisecracks, such as when I lobbed a pipe bomb at 3 piggies and blew them apart, Duke says "heh heh heh, what a mess!"
They packed that game with everything. Sure wish they'd get to a sequal.

I just got finished playing the FEAR demo! WICKED darn game I've ever seen! A MUST. Duke Nukem nowadays should be on a scale such as this.

Toxik 09-08-2005 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Aug 9 2005, 12:05 AM
Quote:

Playing for that long, whatever the game, is not healthy... I seriously wonder how you manage that anyways... Sugar trip?

It was just a matter of free will and also lot of caffeine
now i know too its dangerous,and if i start thinking i should try it again i just look at my cousin(addicted to CS-map assault)

Scarface 11-08-2005 12:43 AM

I loved to play Duke Nukem 3D... I still play it when I got the time. Does anybody know something about the next Duke Nukem??? I haven't heard fresh news about it

The current time is 12:49 AM (GMT)