Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Changed the time on the computer, browser histroy stopped to function (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46359)

twillight 05-06-2019 05:12 AM

Changed the time on the computer, browser histroy stopped to function

Because of a game I changed date a couple of times (WIN7), now browser Mozilla punishes me.

Any idea?

Mystvan 05-06-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 483685)

Because of a game I changed date a couple of times (WIN7), now browser Mozilla punishes me.

Any idea?

I think your situation somewhat curious and peculiar because I, too, for various reasons, I change the dates and I have never had problems with browsers be it in Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Although when I change the dates, I always use Opera because of some very useful features...

I know that a few weeks ago (beginning of May), Firefox had serious problems like disabling all extensions (Add-ons) due to a bug (a very primary failure from Mozilla)... :lame: :sick:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox? :mhh:

twillight 06-06-2019 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 483691)
I think your situation somewhat curious and peculiar because I, too, for various reasons, I change the dates and I have never had problems with browsers be it in Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Although when I change the dates, I always use Opera because of some very useful features...

I know that a few weeks ago (beginning of May), Firefox had serious problems like disabling all extensions (Add-ons) due to a bug (a very primary failure from Mozilla)... :lame: :sick:

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox? :mhh:

ű

No. Re-entering all passwords to all pages sounds tedious.

Mystvan 06-06-2019 01:10 PM

I am assuming you’ve changed it to a future date.

I realized that many Browsers have something I would define as a “Unified Browser History”.

And what does that mean? This means that if you have visited a site in the past and now in the present and perhaps in the future (by changing the date), the search for that site in Browser History will only include the most recent, latest visit (in the future date).

However, in the case of Chrome and Opera, the Browser History is more separate. In other words, each day has its own History. So, if you do a search of this site in Browser History, your visits will be shown in each past, present and future date.

So in the case of Firefox (SeaMonkey, Microsoft Edge, etc.), if you manually delete all your visits on sites in the future date (changed) in Browser History, your Browser History will probably be normalized.

twillight 06-06-2019 10:20 PM

So I assume everything will be back to normal when I pass the future-date. We'll see.

PS: can't see any "future date visit" in Mozilla, it only shows as latest "today", what is past compared to the future-date.

PPS: developers should a) not come up with such nonsense as game-time being adjusted to real-time b) prevent such idiocity-related problems.

-----------

UPDATE: yes, passing the latest future-date solved the issue.

Mystvan 07-06-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillight (Post 483699)

So I assume everything will be back to normal when I pass the future-date. We'll see.

PS: can't see any "future date visit" in Mozilla, it only shows as latest "today", what is past compared to the future-date.

PPS: developers should a) not come up with such nonsense as game-time being adjusted to real-time b) prevent such idiocity-related problems.

-----------

UPDATE: yes, passing the latest future-date solved the issue.

I am glad that everything is OK now! :OK:

The current time is 05:18 AM (GMT)