Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   DOSBox CD problems... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=20255)

bobinator1992 21-06-2009 03:01 PM

DOSBox CD problems...

I was trying to get Elder Scrolls Daggerfall to work on DOSBox. I mounted the ISO with Daemon Tools and mounted mounted the virtual E drive as the D drive.

So, I ran the install program, and tried to install the biggest possible install size. It wouldn't let me install it, though, because it said the C drive didn't have enough space. So, I mounted the C drive, and it still wouldn't work. :/

Anyone know what I need to do? I tried the IMGMOUNT command, too, and that didn't seem to work, either.

dosraider 21-06-2009 03:07 PM

OS?
Dosbox version?
Your mount lines?

AKA as: details please, we can't guess where you screw up.

bobinator1992 21-06-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 371352)
OS?
Dosbox version?
Your mount lines?

AKA as: details please, we can't guess where you screw up.

Vista.

And what are mount lines? Do you mean what I type in to mount my E (virutal drive) and C (hard drive) drives?

_r.u.s.s. 21-06-2009 04:44 PM

yes. also let us know where your game is located on your hard drive

ComboTroop 21-06-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinator1992 (Post 371350)
I was trying to get Elder Scrolls Daggerfall to work on DOSBox. I mounted the ISO with Daemon Tools and mounted mounted the virtual E drive as the D drive.

So, I ran the install program, and tried to install the biggest possible install size. It wouldn't let me install it, though, because it said the C drive didn't have enough space. So, I mounted the C drive, and it still wouldn't work. :/

Anyone know what I need to do? I tried the IMGMOUNT command, too, and that didn't seem to work, either.

Daggerfall does have a minefield of bugs in that game.
Do you have a Win98 PC? Try installing the game from there into that harddrive, then if you got a USB transfer the game directory to your PC that you wish to play the game on, then if it requires a CD, simply get a No-Cd Crack, as this is legal IF you own a legal copy of the game, or if the Game is Unprotected or freeware etc. then Dosbox the game!
Thats what i have done for some of my Dos games! :)

bobinator1992 22-06-2009 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComboTroop (Post 371464)
Daggerfall does have a minefield of bugs in that game.
Do you have a Win98 PC? Try installing the game from there into that harddrive, then if you got a USB transfer the game directory to your PC that you wish to play the game on, then if it requires a CD, simply get a No-Cd Crack, as this is legal IF you own a legal copy of the game, or if the Game is Unprotected or freeware etc. then Dosbox the game!
Thats what i have done for some of my Dos games! :)

No Windows 98 PC, sorry.

The ISO is located at C:\BOB\Daggerfall.iso.

To mount my hard drive, I type: MOUNT C C:\

To mount the CD, I can either mount the ISO with Daemon Tools, and go to DOSBOX and type: MOUNT D E:\ -T CDROM

or, I can type:

IMGMOUNT D C:\BOB\DAGGERFALL.ISO -t -iso

dosraider 22-06-2009 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinator1992 (Post 371549)
Vista.....To mount my hard drive, I type: MOUNT C C:\

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19982
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinator1992 (Post 371549)
or, I can type:

IMGMOUNT D C:\BOB\DAGGERFALL.ISO -t -iso

imgmount d "c:\bob\daggerfall.iso" -t iso

-t -iso can't work.

Scatty 22-06-2009 08:48 AM

The default size for drive C: in DosBox when you mount it is, I think, something about 100MB, for some games it is too little. To make more space available on drive C: mount it like this:

mount c c:\ -freesize X (where X is the emulated size of drive C: in Megabytes)

For example -freesize 800 should be more than enough for every game. Also when you have installed Daggerfall, you'll encounter problems starting the game from anything other than a 100% original CD, unless you start it not with dagger.exe but with fall.exe z.cfg and modify the line pathCD in z.cfg file to where the folder arena2 is located within the mounted ISO, for example:

pathCD e:\dagger\arena2

Better yet you simply copy the folder arena2 from the ISO to the same folder where your game is installed then you don't need to mount the ISO to play the game, simple modify z.cfg like this, for example:

pathCD c:\games\dagger\arena2

ComboTroop 22-06-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 371604)
The default size for drive C: in DosBox when you mount it is, I think, something about 100MB, for some games it is too little. To make more space available on drive C: mount it like this:

mount c c:\ -freesize X (where X is the emulated size of drive C: in Megabytes)

For example -freesize 800 should be more than enough for every game. Also when you have installed Daggerfall, you'll encounter problems starting the game from anything other than a 100% original CD, unless you start it not with dagger.exe but with fall.exe z.cfg and modify the line pathCD in z.cfg file to where the folder arena2 is located within the mounted ISO, for example:

pathCD e:\dagger\arena2

Better yet you simply copy the folder arena2 from the ISO to the same folder where your game is installed then you don't need to mount the ISO to play the game, simple modify z.cfg like this, for example:

pathCD c:\games\dagger\arena2

^
|
This dude has given you the best answer so far! Use this infomation!!!! :D

dosraider 22-06-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 371604)
The default size for drive C: in DosBox when you mount it is, I think, something about 100MB .....

The default size of the mounted virtual C: in dosbox 0.73 is 250MB.
The older dosbox versions had indeed 100 MB.

The current time is 10:16 PM (GMT)