Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Your First Post Thread (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=8134)

Sean 20-11-2005 04:34 PM

Hello!

I was just looking at my account and found my first EVER post here at Abandonia.com

Quote:

Originally posted by Magic

Hi,

I have just registered but encountered some problems i tried to register as Stranger01 and it said my e-mail address was already in use (x) so i registered with my hotmail (x) as this name but i think Stranger01 is actually an glitch account in my other e-mail could you check this also if it isn't me could you find out who's using (x)?

Thanks
I forget what my name is now*

(X)'s represent out of date E-Mail addresses.

Share your first post with me?

Mine was rather amusing to read, I didn't even capitalize my I's then! :tai:
I just hope my posts are easier to read nowadays LOL

Blood-Pigggy 20-11-2005 04:37 PM

Quote:

Ooh, I remember this, quite awhile ago we had a really bad computer, so after awhile my dad got us a new one, and he got this game for me, it's still one of the best strategy games I've ever played.
I do believe my word variation was terrible back then.

Havell 20-11-2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by R Havell
Whenever I play mission I almost always lose around five men in my 8 man team. This means I have to keep buying more people every mission. Which costs loads.

P.S. Xenocide looks brilliant.

Still maintaining tippy-toppy levels of grammar/spelling correctness (though there is one mistake to find).

I like to think my posts have got more interesting since then though :whistle:

TheGiantMidgit 20-11-2005 04:51 PM

This is my first post. For seriously.

Tulac 20-11-2005 04:57 PM

Quote:

Morrowind was great the only problem is it ate to much of my free time
Umm yeah...

DeathDude 20-11-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah really great site, love the comics, and the flash movies, they are awsome all 4 parts, although part 4 was different with the new black mage and all. It inspired me to try Final Fantasy 1 and 4-7, although I still have a long way to go before I'm done. Gotta love fighter in that series.

"Sworchucks, yo."

Uh yeah 8-Bit Theater good stuff. :angel:

PrejudiceSucks 20-11-2005 05:01 PM

Mine was a bit long and not very interesting, sadly.

Quote:

Quote:

(goblins @ Dec 27 2004, 04:51 AM)
EDLglide - well dunno if you look at the underdogs.org you will find in their latest update a download link to alpha C alien crossfire - i just downloaded the thing myself in the last few days (doesnt have the movies) but it is fully functioning regardless but comes in at 135MB

Now for the main thrust of my original post was the request for the trading game 1602 AD ?

Is that still being sold or is it abandonware and able to be put onto abandonia for us to download ?

Still a great site this is and keep up the good work.

This is a touch off topic but how did you get it to work?

I have the original Alpha Centauri yet it doesn't want to work when I extract it!

Anyways, 1602AD is a trading/strategy game. It has 2 types of gameplay if I remember correctly from the demo.

You could play a trading part of the game or a conquest part of the game. I think there may also have been like a mélange of the two at some point.

It's a good game, though

A. J. Raffles 20-11-2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raffles
Definitely adventure, because that's the only sort of games I ever was any good at (with a few notable exceptions).

[By the way, hi everyone. :bye:* I couldn't find anything like a newbie thread, and creating a new thread just to introduce myself seemed a bit... presumptuous. :D]

Shouldn't that be "I was ever", by the way? Eeek! Bad grammar. :ph34r:

Shortly after that I made a valiant but vain effort at trying to calm down one of those heated Evil Admin flame-threads. Bad idea.:)

Sean 20-11-2005 05:22 PM

Funny First Posts.

Keep em coming!

I hope we don't get some smart arse registering and posting something along the lines of

'This is my first post.. aren't I just so cool?'

As soon as I posted the thread I got visions of somebody doing that and if somebody else had started the thread I probably would have registered a new account just to do that.. I am such an arsehole.

Danny252 20-11-2005 05:32 PM

My original first post dosent exist! I joined the old old forum.

The current time is 11:07 PM (GMT)