Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Maniac Mansion Deluxe (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=1291)

Tom Henrik 16-11-2004 08:24 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Sebatianos 16-11-2004 08:33 PM

This is the one folks!
This is the game that started the LucasArts adveture games!
The first scumm point and clikc adventure!!!

Well, this is a VGA remaks, but still...

Does this mean that Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders are up next?
The game is abandonware (not a remake yet), but that's really a game I've been trying to push through. Uploaded it and even wrote my own review for it (really - my very own), just waitong for someone to put update it into the main site...

Yamcha 16-11-2004 08:35 PM

Just the games where everytime i must pick up close open use walk etc. are not my style

Mickey Bitsko 16-11-2004 08:48 PM

This is a GOOD one! I think it's better than the original. My nephew and me played this for a week this summer. Lots of fun.

And Loom too. Golly jeepers. Man you've been working overtime. Have a beer on me!

auhsor 17-11-2004 01:05 AM

Yay, another AGS game. Although I didn't play through this remake heaps, I have heard that it is pretty true to the original. And the original is one of my favoutite games EVER. That might be because it is one of the first game I ever played on our C64.

Also check out LucasFan's sequal for Zak. I'm not sure it's as good, as I didn't play the whole thing.

Sebatianos 17-11-2004 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by auhsor@Nov 17 2004, 04:05 AM
Also check out LucasFan's sequal for Zak. I'm not sure it's as good, as I didn't play the whole thing.
Oh well, sorry to say but it doesn't do justice to the fiurst part!
The first part took you through many real life riddles (and some popular - to make fun of - stories). It explained the pyramids on Mars, the hidden meaning of the sphings, the deiapearence of Elvis... and even gave you an inside to the mentality of a yak :blink:
But the sequal is just, well, just...
It's a fun little game, but all the puzzles are sooooooo simple and there's not much of a plot really. Couldn't measure up to any real adventure game - sorry.
Still liked it, but then again I'm a fan of Zak!!!

auhsor 17-11-2004 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sebatianos@Nov 17 2004, 05:21 PM
But the sequal is just, well, just...
It's a fun little game, but all the puzzles are sooooooo simple and there's not much of a plot really. Couldn't measure up to any real adventure game - sorry.
Still liked it, but then again I'm a fan of Zak!!!

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I heard some stuff that it wasn't that great. I never really played the first game much. I did finish it tho, but with the help of a walkthrough. I guess I'm more of a MM guy, and this remake is awesome.

IoP 07-12-2004 11:28 PM

Remove that dosbox compatibility icon! This game isn't runnable with dosbox. It works with wine but settings are hard to set.

"This program cannot be run in DOS mode." => damn you

Iron_Scarecrow 08-12-2004 09:51 AM

Is there a way to get out of the Dungeon?

I had all my three people in there and I don't know how to get them out.

Tuttle 08-12-2004 10:10 AM

There's a brick on the wall that's not quite like all the others...

The current time is 09:09 AM (GMT)