Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Abandonia Reloaded And Abandonia (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4920)

TedtheKing 08-05-2005 09:49 PM

Abandonia Reloaded has some really neat features that Abandonia doesn't. Why not add the random game feature to Abandonia, same with the positive and negative points thing. I really like the way Abandonia Reloaded is set out as well. It's a great looking site. :bye:

Unknown Hero 08-05-2005 10:57 PM

Good idea! I agree that we should make some of those features available even here. :ok:

xcom freak 08-05-2005 11:29 PM

It is true that some features in reloaded are great and should be used in abandonia also
but we must bear in mind that Reloaded has A LOT less games than Abandonia. So i think implementing these features on Abandonia will be a lot harder than on reloaded.

Kosta 08-05-2005 11:58 PM

That is correct. Not to mention that the entire database was laid out different for Reloaded. I've learned a lot from Abandonia so when designing the organization and features on Reloaded, I was able to do it better and more feature-rich right away. Every little change on Abandonia will require huge efforts, especially if its content-oriented (such as the positive&negative points). The random game feat could be made though, I'm just unsure where I would place that in the existing layout.

Sebatianos 09-05-2005 03:46 AM

Well to be quite honest, I prefer the layout of Abandonia (although there is still room for some improvements), because I find AR too much similar to lemon64.
It's a great site, but not my cup of tea.

vipin 09-05-2005 05:26 AM

I think more time is needed. Let people visit Abandonia Reloaded for few days and Abandonia simultaneously. After a few days, they can figure out very well which one is better. Abandonia Reloaded may look attractive currently but Abandonia's look is quite better still.

TedtheKing 09-05-2005 05:56 AM

Yeah, that's true.

DeathDude 09-05-2005 06:44 AM

Both sites have their unique points to them, and that's cool because it adds variety and depth to both sites, yeah all that's needed is time, it's only been a couple of days so far.

Sebatianos 09-05-2005 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vipin@May 9 2005, 07:26 AM
...After a few days, they can figure out very well which one is better...
Well the sites aren't competing and both are good, so it's just a matter of taste... Which site will appeal more to some people (for me it's Abandonia, for someone else it might be reloaded...).

mika 09-05-2005 09:57 AM

Not only are they not competing, but are complementing each other. Don't forget that they are there to promote totally different "products" and "services".

You can see from Reloaded that Kosta and Maikel have both learned a lot since designing and developing Abandonia. The site looks and works brilliantly. This kind stuff can only be learned by creating and experiencing.

The current time is 06:32 AM (GMT)