Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Forward to SKYRIM (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46197)

yoga 21-09-2018 08:40 AM

Forward to SKYRIM

Hello, mates,

Yes, Skyrim
The 5 Bethesda games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Obvilion, Skyrim
Only the last was not passed.

Today i will start the long, brave road.
You passed these games?
Yes?
Very nice.

For me till now the first one Arena is the best.

(One small bird informs me that our nice player Capo
passed this game before 1-2 years.)

So, good luck brave!

Glory, Glory!!
:smile2:

yoga 21-09-2018 10:43 AM

Not fair

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482783)
Hello, mates,

Yes, Skyrim
The 5 Bethesda games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Obvilion, Skyrim
Only the last was not passed.

Today i will start the long, brave road.
You passed these games?
Yes?
Very nice.

For me till now the first one Arena is the best.

(One small bird informs me that our nice player Capo
passed this game before 1-2 years.)

So, good luck brave!

Glory, Glory!!

Dearest Capo,
pls scusi me but:
-Near the castle walls of Whiterun town (Earl area) i killed two armed banditos.
They attacked me first without any action from my side.
They have a horse.
But when i approached the animal i saw the sight:
Steal (in red color).
May i take my rightful spoil or this is not legitimate?
Molto grazie, amichi!
Победа будет за нами! (We will win)
:smile2::smile2:

Japo 21-09-2018 10:17 PM

Enjoy Yoga! It's an amazing game, my favorite from the Elder Scrolls for sure.

Are you sure the horse belongs to them? Were they riding? I think the horse must belong to the stable at the entrance of Whiterun, and they happened to attack you nearby.

A horse that you haven't bought or obtained in a quest doesn't belong to you. Like everything that you can steal, you have to be out of sight when mounting, or you will get a bounty, and it remains branded as stolen forever. Also stolen horses return to their home whenever you dismount.

yoga 22-09-2018 12:47 PM

lvl 6 novice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482787)
Enjoy Yoga! It's an amazing game, my favorite from the Elder Scrolls for sure.

Are you sure the horse belongs to them? Were they riding? I think the horse must belong to the stable at the entrance of Whiterun, and they happened to attack you nearby.

A horse that you haven't bought or obtained in a quest doesn't belong to you. Like everything that you can steal, you have to be out of sight when mounting, or you will get a bounty, and it remains branded as stolen forever. Also stolen horses return to their home whenever you dismount.

Oh, sí, sí, mi amigo!
You are correct for both cases:

1. Skyrim is very nice game from 5 games of Bethesda. I am still between Arena and Daggerfall but Skyrim end is far enough.

2. Yes, the horse for whom we speak had owner. It was nearby the battle place.

Do You remember (in the very beginning - The golden ...) the quest in very nice caves with the last bandito in spider web, the two puzzles how to open closed doors, 2 х 2 guillotines etc.?

I have idea for AB staff:
- To ask every member What are the best 3 RPG
My answer is:

Dungeon Master 2
Arena
..in progress...

Ha ha ha
- had an incident.
I decided to explore second floor of inn in a small town.
Very nice. Chest wooden closed. I started opening process.
1 + 2 instruments were broken.
Suddenly i heard a voice: ... You thief stop now!!
Wow!! Bad moment for noble brave.
But 5 golds managed the case.
Good lesson!!!

Capo 22-09-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482784)

Dearest Capo,
pls scusi me but:
-Near the castle walls of Whiterun town (Earl area) i killed two armed banditos.
They attacked me first without any action from my side.
They have a horse.
But when i approached the animal i saw the sight:
Steal (in red color).
May i take my rightful spoil or this is not legitimate?
Molto grazie, amichi!
Победа будет за нами! (We will win)
:smile2::smile2:

I played it with a lot of mods so i cant answer any question :max:

Japo 22-09-2018 05:49 PM

I think it's after you fight your first dragon near Whiterun they will start hunting you. It can be annoying specially by killing NPCs. Some people like to delay this quest.

But it isn't as bad as the vampires. I hope for your sanity that you either don't have the vampire extension installed yet (even though it isn't bad), or install the mod that can disable their sneak attacks.

Scatty 22-09-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482789)
I have idea for AB staff:
- To ask every member What are the best 3 RPG
My answer is:

Dungeon Master 2
Arena
..in progress...

That would be a seriously huge undertaking, also considering there's not many regular (long-time) members left on the forum anymore. But also for everybody it would be different games, the results would be far and between.
For what it's worth, those are my all-time favourites:
1. Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal
2. Lands of Lore II - Guardians of Destiny (no game had greater music ingame)
3. Realms of Arkania trilogy (better known as Das Schwarze Auge Trilogie for German players from the 90's). Yeah I know it's a trilogy, but since you can transfer the savegame every time upwards to continue, it kind of makes a whole and belongs together.
4. (Had to add a fourth, ya know) Ultima 8. Again, not many people from those times would agree, but I seriously adored the game, among other for it's bit weird, gloomy mood and music, and "revolutionary" graphics for 1993.

yoga 23-09-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 482792)
That would be a seriously huge undertaking, also considering there's not many regular (long-time) members left on the forum anymore. But also for everybody it would be different games, the results would be far and between.
For what it's worth, those are my all-time favourites:
1. Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal
2. Lands of Lore II - Guardians of Destiny (no game had greater music ingame)
3. Realms of Arkania trilogy (better known as Das Schwarze Auge Trilogie for German players from the 90's). Yeah I know it's a trilogy, but since you can transfer the savegame every time upwards to continue, it kind of makes a whole and belongs together.
4. (Had to add a fourth, ya know) Ultima 8. Again, not many people from those times would agree, but I seriously adored the game, among other for it's bit weird, gloomy mood and music, and "revolutionary" graphics for 1993.

...in progress...
3. The Witcher 3

I am interesting now of opinions of
1. Japo
2. Capo
3. SS
4. Mystvan

Japo 23-09-2018 11:55 AM

My favorites are the Elder Scrolls, and the best Skyrim. My favorite RPGs are open worlds. Arena is a good dungeon crawler from it's time, but not my style. I love the idea of Daggerfall but it is too flawed. However it created the great lore of the series. Morrowin is very good; but the writing in Skyrim is richer and more real.

Another open world game I loved is Darklands. The historical setting and realism are exactly the kind of stuff I prefer. Many people are put off by the difficult grinding.

In a completely different fantasy world, Faery Tale Adventure II is a very good game. Unfortunately story and lore was supposed to be one of the strongest features but it was left unfinished.

Baldur's gate deserves to be played more and more recently than I have. What I didn't like was the fabled Infinity Engine where the characters couldn't move in a group without getting stuck. And the fact that it's a D&D game, which means unrealistic cliche setting, and overpowered magic.

Mystvan 24-09-2018 09:10 PM

:umm: Umm... Too bad that only Paco :paco: (not Capo :poke: nor Japo :king:) missed to complete the Twinsen Triad... :3monkey: Is he currently on the planet Twinsun??? :sunning: :hihihi:

yoga 25-09-2018 06:42 AM

Greets to Mystvan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482805)
:umm: Umm... Too bad that only Paco :paco: (not Capo :poke: nor Japo :king:) missed to complete the Twinsen Triad... :3monkey: Is he currently on the planet Twinsun??? :sunning: :hihihi:

:OK:
No, no,

Paco is now on the planet Swiss.

Pls give us YOUR 3 best RPG.

Be kind as You are always.

Mystvan 25-09-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482806)
No, no,

Paco is now on the planet Swiss.

Pls give us YOUR 3 best RPG.

Be kind as You are always.

I may be pretty outdated :old: when talking about my favorite RPGs since it’s been years since I stopped playing games. I can own the games mentioned above and not have played them, being only a collector of game titles.

I take into consideration 03 main factors / aspects that appeal to me in a game / movie / animation:

01) Story or plot of the game;
02) The characters in the game;
03) BGM (Background Music).

The secondary aspects:

01) The gameplay (and flow of the film / animation);
02) The graphics of the game;
03) Full Voice.

Taking all of the above into consideration, I enjoyed many of the following games below:

01) Lands of Lore;
02) Drakensang series;
03) Brave Soul (J-RPG eroge).

PS: I consider Dragon Age series and Mass Effect series with too many dialogues and many crossroads in the decisions that can change the direction of the story / route. :roll: And FFVIII has many silly jokes... :headslap: :palm:

yoga 28-09-2018 07:14 AM

Skyrim the hardest game ever played

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482808)
I may be pretty outdated :old: when talking about my favorite RPGs since it’s been years since I stopped playing games. I can own the games mentioned above and not have played them, being only a collector of game titles.

I take into consideration 03 main factors / aspects that appeal to me in a game / movie / animation:

01) Story or plot of the game;
02) The characters in the game;
03) BGM (Background Music).

The secondary aspects:

01) The gameplay (and flow of the film / animation);
02) The graphics of the game;
03) Full Voice.

Taking all of the above into consideration, I enjoyed many of the following games below:

01) Lands of Lore;
02) Drakensang series;
03) Brave Soul (J-RPG eroge).

PS: I consider Dragon Age series and Mass Effect series with too many dialogues and many crossroads in the decisions that can change the direction of the story / route. :roll: And FFVIII has many silly jokes... :headslap: :palm:

Merci, amigo,
Lands of Lore is pretty nice game indeed.

Mama Mia.....

Why Skyrim is so hard???

1. One tech problem:
From time to time i heard un pleased noise like Puuug.

2. Second playing problem:
Why authors deactivate the subtitles?
Really, very "clever" act, idiots.

3. Third problem:
I have to speak with some youngster named Aventus Aretino.
Very well.
I locate its home.
But it is so high.

Dear Japo,
would you be so kind tell me where to buy some jetpack, por favor?

:max:

yoga 28-09-2018 03:31 PM

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS???

No,
Nein,
Нет !

Can you imagine, mates??

To battle 3 days and nights with billion monsters and at last to find short note from "" A friend"' meaning -Sry i take the Horne. Meet me in Riverwood-!!!

I am down totally!

It is a mockery, bad joke for me..:OK:

What is Yr opinion, dear Japo and Capo?

yoga 30-09-2018 06:37 AM

Print screen? Yes.

1 Attachment(s)
Here we are
:)

Smiling Spectre 01-10-2018 12:22 PM

Wow. 256 colors? Really? :)

Yoga, I believe, you would be much better with True color jpg/85% compression.

Japo 02-10-2018 09:35 AM

You can enable subtitles in the options somewhere, display section I believe.

As you have found, the only way to fast travel before you've discovered a city, are the carriages or boats :-)

It can get messy if you try to follow every quest as you hear about it. They make you travel to new areas, where you hear about many other quests elsewhere geometrically. After my first game I preferred to clear quests by goegraphical area...

yoga 02-10-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 482824)
Wow. 256 colors? Really? :)

Yoga, I believe, you would be much better with True color jpg/85% compression.

Dearest and dorogoy SS,

Please be advised that when AB member attaches some pictures there are limits about volume about 195 KB or like. This is the reason my pic bad quality.
Trying to show more material i have to reduce quality, sorry.

yoga 02-10-2018 11:43 AM

Elder scrolls

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482830)
You can enable subtitles in the options somewhere, display section I believe.

As you have found, the only way to fast travel before you've discovered a city, are the carriages or boats :-)

It can get messy if you try to follow every quest as you hear about it. They make you travel to new areas, where you hear about many other quests elsewhere geometrically. After my first game I preferred to clear quests by goegraphical area...

Si, si amigo mio.

You are absolute correct conc. quests.
I am afraid to talk with even simple woman because she imm. asks me for new quest.
So now i am concentrate on the main quest line.

My Shouts:
1. Become ethereal.
2. Clear Skies
3. Disarm*
4. Fire breath
5. Ice form
6. Marked for dead
7. Throw voice
8. Unrelenting voice
9. Whirlwind sprint

My Powers:
1. Ritual stone
2. Battle cry

Note: * - Have to kill Dragon to take its soul

Japo 02-10-2018 10:12 PM

There are so many quests and locations in Skyrim... And the writing is quite good imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482831)
Please be advised that when AB member attaches some pictures there are limits about volume about 195 KB or like. This is the reason my pic bad quality.
Trying to show more material i have to reduce quality, sorry.

I think Spectre means that for this kind of image there are more efficient formats to downsize, to the same size and better quality.

I'd agree with Spectre, not sure about your experience, whether you have tried to downsize the same screenshot also in jpg and compare sizes and qualities...

https://www.diffen.com/difference/JPEG_vs_PNG
Quote:

JPEGs are used for large images, like photos or big, graphic-heavy website backgrounds, as JPEG's lossy nature allows for smaller file sizes, meaning websites can load designs faster. [...] Though PNGs will never result in a smaller file size than JPEGs will when it comes to large images with complex scenes, PNG's lossless compression does sometimes result in a smaller file size for smaller images, particularly those that have [flat-colored] computer generated graphics

yoga 03-10-2018 02:41 PM

Graphic view

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482836)
+1 XnView.

used Irfanview in the distant past (not sure about its current state of development), but XnView is more powerful and professional, without being more complicated to use. Even as a lightweight image viewer (including raw) it tops any other.

When you need to retouch images, instead of just resampling, resizing or filtering them, I recommend Paint.net. Unless you need a more complicated program like GIMP or Photoshop.

PS I'll split these interesting posts into a new thread in the Technical board :-)

Well dear mates step by step:

The story begins:
Before many years when the world was young and You were innocent young boys
brave yoga found and entered AB. Yes, Si, und Ja. Дааа.

And yoga met an interesting person named Kosta.
I helped Kosta with some game codes.
Suddenly Kosta told me : I am the boss here..(Sry,SS i speak about old info)

OK - was my polite answer.
In our friendly conversation he advised me to buy Scanner.
I am not so clever one but i always follow wise advises.
This scanner had installation disk Y now. Between files i found small graphical program - Ulead IPhoto Express
See attachment.
Well, my mini Photoshop.:smile2:
Because my graph work is not hard and big i started using IPE.
This is very, very old program and feel little inconvenience to speak about so ancient program. Version 1.3

All proposed programs i know but mates i am lazy person.
Anyway sincerely thanks for directions.

What a gigantic dwarf laboratory!!
I never seen so nice caves.
Like a nice tale!!

This game is very stable.

Japo 03-10-2018 08:26 PM

Pics from my last game :) click to enlarge

https://i.postimg.cc/hXKTYKdy/Skyrim_55.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/06Qm8ZZ7/Skyrim_59.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/qt5KgnZS/Skyrim_60.jpg

Lydia showing some attitude rly... :rolleyes:
https://i.postimg.cc/CRJkT9CF/Skyrim_56.jpg

yoga 04-10-2018 03:42 AM

:))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482839)

Wow, very nice, master Japo!
JPG and 500 Kb.

maravilloso

Japo 04-10-2018 10:50 AM

Just host your big pics outside and no problems ;-) Abandonia is too stingy. Just saved as jpg the original screendumps...

yoga 05-10-2018 03:25 PM

Soon

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482845)
Just host your big pics outside and no problems ;-) Abandonia is too stingy. Just saved as jpg the original screendumps...

I will play again this nice game because now i follow main quest only

Excuse me, dear Japo may i set the lang from English to Russian please?

I will host a new screenshot out after a while.

Capo 05-10-2018 03:40 PM

why only main quest?

yoga 06-10-2018 01:45 AM

Ciao amichi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capo (Post 482852)
why only main quest?

Because Caro Capo, the game is nice and i want to play other quests as dessert dolce.

BTW, i passed the game.

But game as The Witcher 3, after the dead of main enemy continues.
Strange.

Any news for next TES, amigos?

PLEASE, offer me another good game to play.

Ty for help.

This game is absolutely stable.
I have some problem with quest The Fallen but after simple restart of PC game continues. Great!

Only one polite remark:
Some ladies are very, very ugly.
Like...
I will save my critic because i promised
Japo not to start some discussion about ge...r.

Спасибо.

yoga 06-10-2018 03:56 AM

Great day today!

1 Attachment(s)
https://mega.nz/#!VpE2RYJQ!uC2a3scLb...21kMgHbuyMAFrQ

https://mega.nz/#!twE0lIzb!wSS5KA7sM...CAeQc6A6utjWl8

https://mega.nz/#!99NizQZZ!9sHVo58S3...M3tE4IxAuB3a5Y

120 games!

Tremble, Capo, brave is near!!

Ha ha ha

Japo 06-10-2018 01:04 PM

There are sooo many GOOD quests besides the main one... Just in case you're interested and have free time ;)

Capo 06-10-2018 07:05 PM

Actually the best part of Tes games are doing others stuff and ignore the main quest :suspicious:

Mystvan 06-10-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482816)
[b]

What is Yr opinion, dear Japo and Capo?

Capo :poke:, Japo :king: and Paco :paco:. Please, never forget :no: to mention the last Twinsen! :3monkey: After all, Unity is Force / Strength! :OK: :2thumbs:

Scatty 06-10-2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482854)

Well there kinda was a follow-up TES game, only it wasn't made by Bethesda but by Zenimax Online, who, at the beginning at least, consisted of people who loved the TES franchise. It's a MMORPG game, which means not as good quality for solo play but a much bigger emphasis on playing with many other players, and the name is The Elder Scrolls Online.
Still rocking to this time, though it is coming into the age, and the company right now consists more of people interested in extracting money from players, than in the series' franchise itself, but still quite a good game imo, from my perspective of playing it regularly.

Of course, MMORPG means large time commitment, which often leaves other solo player games on the side. It's those contras and pros to consider with that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482860)
After all, Unity is Force / Strength!

Does that have anything to do with May the Force be with you? Cause, unity is certainly a force, but a mighty difficult thing to achieve with us humans.

Japo 07-10-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482854)

The next installment is in "pre-production" and a couple of months ago they released this teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFdqqyI8y4

There are other spinoffs, the main one the online multiplayer that Scatty mentions (Elder Scrolls Online). And if you go to elderscrolls.com you can see they are also making a mobile game (now only available to pre-order) and a card game.

Mystvan 07-10-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 482857)

There are sooo many GOOD quests besides the main one... Just in case you're interested and have free time ;)

Well, good side quests make me tempted to go back to playing games. However, it is that games are addictive and take your time. :no: You do not even realize that time has flown! :sick:

For now, as I am pretty busy backing up my old data to Dropbox (using Recuva and uploading to cloud), in addition to the vocational courses, I’d rather just listen to music, read comics and watch videos, much less adrenaline and much more relaxing. :sunning:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482860)

Capo :poke:, Japo :king: and Paco :paco:. Please, never forget :no: to mention the last Twinsen! :3monkey: After all, Unity is Force / Strength! :OK: :2thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 482861)

Does that have anything to do with May the Force be with you? Cause, unity is certainly a force, but a mighty difficult thing to achieve with us humans.

:umm: As I had said, with the absorption of my time with Dropbox, I was in a hurry. I think it would be clearer if I said that the “Union (Gestalt / Combiner) :3monkey: makes Force / Strength!” :bleh3: May the Force be with you! :lightsaber:

An off-topic issue would be that you can find the Drakensang series on Steam (unfortunately, Metaboli no longer offers this game franchise) and The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav on GOG.com.

yoga 08-10-2018 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482871)
Well, good side quests make me tempted to go back to playing games. However, it is that games are addictive and take your time. :no: You do not even realize that time has flown! :sick:

For now, as I am pretty busy backing up my old data to Dropbox (using Recuva and uploading to cloud), in addition to the vocational courses, I’d rather just listen to music, read comics and watch videos, much less adrenaline and much more relaxing. :sunning:

:umm: As I had said, with the absorption of my time with Dropbox, I was in a hurry. I think it would be clearer if I said that the “Union (Gestalt / Combiner) :3monkey: makes Force / Strength!” :bleh3: May the Force be with you! :lightsaber:

An off-topic issue would be that you can find the Drakensang series on Steam (unfortunately, Metaboli no longer offers this game franchise) and The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav on GOG.com.

Hi,
what is Dropbox volume, pls?

MEGA gives me 50 GB, and mail.ru - 100 Gb.

listen music, read,..., watch... !?

Very nice but gaming is much, much better because Yr brain is working, amigo mio.
My opinion only, not a bit critics.

Mystvan 08-10-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 482872)
Hi,
what is Dropbox volume, pls?

MEGA gives me 50 GB, and mail.ru - 100 Gb.

listen music, read,..., watch... !?

Very nice but gaming is much, much better because Yr brain is working, amigo mio.
My opinion only, not a bit critics.

No, I agree with you as long as we play the games in moderation. :OK:

My Dark Past

So, I think I would be able to play games without becoming addicted... :OK: :2thumbs:

Dropbox

yoga 08-10-2018 05:51 PM

ill

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystvan (Post 482875)
No, I agree with you as long as we play the games in moderation. :OK:

My Dark Past

So, I think I would be able to play games without becoming addicted... :OK: :2thumbs:

Dropbox

So, I think I would be able to play games without becoming addicted

Very nice words, very correct ..

But i am not addicted, i am constantly ILL..

Yes, if someone put me in jail without PC or like soon ......
True.

Conc. Mega and like sky things i do not care about my info.
My info is: Games save files and music and video.
No passwords, no personal records, nothing important.
Let F-B-I checks, idiots..

The current time is 09:10 PM (GMT)