Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Far Cry2 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18863)

Dave 02-02-2009 11:33 AM

Far Cry2

At the beginning I didn't like it, a bit boring and repetitive but now it's addictive and I "entered" into the game, great and realistic weapons, huge areas to explore and big game lifetime, I have started it a month ago and I'm at 50% :omg:

As you know games like this one suffer of many problems, the AI is difficult to manage and now I'm stuck at a mission where I can't open a door and enter "Mike's Bar" because a script stopped to work...:whops:

I searched on the net and many had the same problem...Ubisoft forget to check this little particular :oh:
Also I read that at least 8 players on 10 can't go over 88% and can't even finish the game for a similar problem :omg:

What are your experiences?
Have you found a solution to those problems?

Doubler 02-02-2009 12:27 PM

Similar problem. Stuck somewhere in the sixty percent because a doorman didn't respawn after dying in a (story-related) firefight. Game impossible to finish :doh:
I'm just doing random missions from the towers now.

Still, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets. Sure it's repetative, sure it has some lousy bugs, sure the storyline is a bit weak, sure the play area isn't entirely open. But it features beautiful environments, it's pretty, atmospheric, enjoyable (especially as a sniper :D) and easy to pick up and put down.
It's also nice how they convey the world. The player is made to hate himself for what he does. It's painfully obvious that you're not on any moral high ground, and the pain you inflict (and recieve) is delivered with great emphasis.

Edit: Pacman? :oh:

Dave 04-02-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubler (Post 351352)
Similar problem. Stuck somewhere in the sixty percent because a doorman didn't respawn after dying in a (story-related) firefight. Game impossible to finish :doh:
I'm just doing random missions from the towers now.

In the end I like it, but the fact that I can't finish it erase all my will to keep playing, let's hope for a patch...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubler (Post 351352)
The player is made to hate himself for what he does. It's painfully obvious that you're not on any moral high ground, and the pain you inflict (and recieve) is delivered with great emphasis.

I've noticed this too, what is good, what is bad? What make you different from the other?The player is reaching his objective Per fas et nefas...he wants to stop the war by the price is high...

hibikir0984 04-02-2009 06:37 PM

Is FarCry 2 more or less demanding with hardware than Crysis?

Dave 05-02-2009 12:27 PM

Actually a bit less than Crysis. But they are quite different.
Crytek engine is not optimized as Dunia and you can't even run it at max without Vista because many effects aren't enabled.

hibikir0984 06-02-2009 06:45 AM

Dunia?

dosraider 06-02-2009 09:17 AM

DUNIA game engine
DUNIA game engine²
Etcetera .....
Quote:

There are a couple of new things around Far Cry 2 and the Dunia Engine. Many people want to know what Dunia actually means. The word Dunia is Suaheli and means world. But now we should change to the essential part of this news. There are 4 new tech demos which show features the Dunia Engine has.
.... blahblahblah....

hibikir0984 06-02-2009 05:53 PM

Thanks, that clears it up.

hahajejeje 06-02-2009 09:06 PM

seriusly...Far Cry 2 is worst game than Assasin Creed.For a loooot

hibikir0984 06-02-2009 09:54 PM

I haven't played it, but I was considering it. What's so bad about it?

The current time is 09:46 PM (GMT)