Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Perfect General II (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=25772)

TotalAnarchy 15-09-2010 06:04 PM

Perfect General II

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Unregistered23513451 16-09-2010 02:52 AM

Wont run :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy (Post 413797)
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

when i try to run it (in dosbox) it tells me i need the CD in. suggestions?

on top of that when i try that, the update tells me that the directory is no good.

Unregistered23513451 16-09-2010 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered23513451 (Post 413829)
when i try to run it (in dosbox) it tells me i need the CD in. suggestions?

on top of that when i try that, the update tells me that the directory is no good.

Got the update to run via dosbox. Still having the insert cd issue...

_r.u.s.s. 16-09-2010 03:55 AM

exactly how did you run it in dosbox? i just tried running it and it works without any notice of cd. i tried both mounting it via dosbox promp and drag-and-dropping it too. everything works. i even tried putting the game in a different virtual directory than c:\tpg2. really, i wonder how are you trying to run the game

are you running tgp2.exe? what's your dosbox version?

edit: i see, i tried mounting it as a D drive and it asked for a cd. mount whatever are you mounting as a C drive

lechtech 16-09-2010 10:44 AM

got the same problem..

the game is installed in c:\games\tpg2 directory and i got dosbox 0.73

it keeps asking for the cd whatever i try.. :(

EDIT: forgot to say that i installed the update already..

DarthHelmet86 16-09-2010 11:00 AM

First off get Dosbox 0.74 the newest version, that always helps.

Second I just downloaded this game, unzipped it into my Dosgames folder.
Mounted, c c:\dosgames

Then cd\tpg2

Then tpg2.exe

The game ran fine, no need for an update or to enter a cd. So how are you mounting this game? We need to know so we can help you solve this problem.

lechtech 16-09-2010 12:42 PM

I got the solution now: It was the update..

I re-installed the game without using the separate update file i found here and the game works fine ( even with DosBox 0.73 :) ).

Japo 16-09-2010 06:07 PM

I'll look into it.

greywolf 17-09-2010 08:15 AM

I have installed game and patch - no chance to escape the CD check.

Then I re-installed the game only - no problem.

Finally, I ran pgsetup. There you are prompted to enter the CD drive letter. When I entered D (as my DOSBOX CD drive is mounted as D: ), the CD check was back.
But then I ran pgsetup again, this time entering C as CD drive letter, and the game started fine (this trick didn't work with the patch).

Looks like the game wants to look up a certain file on the CD, and checks the base directory associated with the letter entered, be it the root of the CD drive or the working directory of the game.

Nevertheless - it would be nice to be able to use the patch.

Japo 17-09-2010 09:59 PM

The problem is that the game requires the CD, in principle. The unpatched archive is cracked, but the patch undoes the crack. The updaters are discussing it.

The current time is 03:20 PM (GMT)