Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Invalid Requests (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers [GoG] (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=4004)

twofoot36 24-09-2004 05:18 AM

Gabriel Knight - Sins of the Fathers [GoG]

Wow this is a great site. I found many of my old favorites and decided to take the day off from work tomorrow to dig into some of them :) Anyway, I really loved the first two Gabriel Knight games from Sierra and it would be awesome if you could get those. Also there was a game by Lucas called Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Adventure). Thanks for a great site.

Data 24-09-2004 08:42 AM

http://www.abandonia.com/game.php?genre=&ID=152

The Niles 24-09-2004 09:43 AM

Gabriel Knight 2 is 6CD's large and therefore far too big to upload on abandonia. Gabriel Knight 1 might be uploaded in the future but as of now I know of no-one preparing to do so.

twofoot36 24-09-2004 04:21 PM

Whoops, cant believe I missed that. Now I feel dumb :unsure: I must have skipped in in a rush to get Jones In The Fast Lane. Thank you for the responses.

aaberg 24-09-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by twofoot36@Sep 24 2004, 04:21 PM
Whoops, cant believe I missed that. Now I feel dumb :unsure: I must have skipped in in a rush to get Jones In The Fast Lane. Thank you for the responses.
Hey, we all do mistakes, if we didn't, what where we to talk about in the forum? :blink: ;)

aaberg 24-09-2004 06:58 PM

If you like Indiana Jones, And The Fate Of Atlantis, there is a review on abandonia, but no download (Don't ask me why). If you wan't to play it anyway, it can be downloaded on the Classic Gaming Archive. :ok:

As you might guess, by the look of my avatar, I love that game! B) :D

BlackMageJawa 29-09-2004 04:55 PM

I have found a site with Gabriel Knight 1 and the CD (talkie) version of Fate of Atlantis.

I'm not sure if they're legally abandonware though, so what's the forum's policy on linking to non-AW software? I won't give the link unless I'm allowed to.

EDIT: Damn, Gabriel's in Spanish. I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a language option, or does it just come in different one-language versions?

wormpaul 29-09-2004 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Picard@Sep 24 2004, 09:43 AM
Gabriel Knight 2 is 6CD's large and therefore far too big to upload on abandonia. Gabriel Knight 1 might be uploaded in the future but as of now I know of no-one preparing to do so.
I thought Gabriel knight 1 was 9 cd`s...

So also no option for this site..

BlackMageJawa 01-10-2004 06:11 PM

Well, I've found GK1 three times in French, twice in German, once in Spanish, and... in English! I thought it was broken at first, but it turned out the archives weren't extracting properly. WinRAR did the job right though.

So hey, I have it, if anyone wants it.

EDIT: They have GK3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned in a second hand games shop for ?3.99. Worth getting?

Jumjalum 05-10-2004 05:52 PM

GK1 was only on one CD, there's also a floppy version of it thats about 15MB or so. It would be perfect for this site, since its the best of the Sierra adventures imo.

GK3 was a mixed bag for me - the story just wasn't as interesting until the very end and the interface wasn't much fun. It feels like a diluted version of GK1 without the voodoo coolness. The vampire stuff was cool, but there was so little of it the game felt more like a geography field trip than an exciting adventure in the paranormal. The plot, puzzles, humour, atmosphere, music and voices were not as good as the original. For ?3.99 its probably worth it if you're a GK fan though, lots of people love this game but personally it was disappointing.

GK1>GK2>GK3

btw I have the graphic novel that came with the game in pdf format if anyone wants a look, it's a great scene-setter for the game (another thing that the sequels didn't have). Hmm.. on further inspection its seems GK3 did come with a graphic novel, dont remember one for GK2 but I wouldn't count on my memory. :lol:

The current time is 05:44 PM (GMT)