Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Programming (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Amulets and Armor Character Editor v0.1 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27184)

yoni0505 07-06-2011 04:41 PM

Amulets and Armor Character Editor

So I decided to make editor to Amulets and Armor.
I know it isn't a popular game, but it's a good practice.

Current version is v0.2
You can download it from here:
http://yoni0505.blogspot.com/2011/06...ditor-v02.html

v0.2 includes:
Fix for a critical bug

v0.1 includes:
Edit name
Edit password
Edit money on you character
Edit money in your bank

your saved files found in:
...\Amulets and Armor\S0000000\

Image:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MxQpeXfwjo...Editor_v02.png

I would like to know what you think about it.
Also I want to find more games that could use editor, if you know any I would be glad to hear about them! :woot:

GTX2GvO 08-06-2011 08:03 AM

Cool. Now if I ever played that game..... :mhh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoni0505 (Post 428396)
Also I want to find more games that could use editor, if you know any I would be glad to hear about them!

Might be hard or not.. Don't know.
But perhaps a Character editor for SpellForce? :) (Preferably for the Platinum Edition they are selling @ GOG :whistling: )

You can find the Character data in:
"my documents"\SpellForce\SAVE (And Subfolders.)

The exact Location of "my documents" depends of course which windows you're using. (XP vs Vista & 7)

And Yes. I know it's cheating to use an editor. :bleh1:

yoni0505 08-06-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTX2GvO (Post 428416)
Cool. Now if I ever played that game..... :mhh:

Might be hard or not.. Don't know.
But perhaps a Character editor for SpellForce? :) (Preferably for the Platinum Edition they are selling @ GOG :whistling: )

You can find the Character data in:
"my documents"\SpellForce\SAVE (And Subfolders.)

The exact Location of "my documents" depends of course which windows you're using. (XP vs Vista & 7)

And Yes. I know it's cheating to use an editor. :bleh1:

Yeah, Amulets and Armor isn't a known game.
I'm checking out SpellForce right now, I'll see if it could use an editor.
I need to see if I there is already an editor, and if I can find info about the structure of the save files, and if it use any encryption.

Luchsen 09-06-2011 10:12 AM

What program did you use to write that editor? I can't get the Delphi I was used to use in school, and I don't get along well with Lazarus. I did want to make an editor for Princess Maker 2 even though there is one already. At least I have some more values, I think.

Ah, I see you used Microsoft Visual Studio? That's not good, you need .NET Framework 4 to run the editor. And for my editor I don't want to have to have that DLL file.

yoni0505 09-06-2011 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luchsen (Post 428461)
What program did you use to write that editor? I can't get the Delphi I was used to use in school, and I don't get along well with Lazarus. I did want to make an editor for Princess Maker 2 even though there is one already. At least I have some more values, I think.

Ah, I see you used Microsoft Visual Studio? That's not good, you need .NET Framework 4 to run the editor. And for my editor I don't want to have to have that DLL file.

Yes, I used Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 to write it.
For the runtime DLL, you can ship it with the program. I know it's isn't aesthetical, but I believe no one will mind it.

I believe most windows computers have updated .NET framework.

I know it isn't ideal, but it will do the job ;)

Also I would recommend you trying C++.
It got a large amount of supported libraries.
Also Visual C++ have a thing that called "Windows Forms" which do all the dirty job of writing the code for windows components.
I used it in my editor all the graphical components in my editor and the file selection.

Luchsen 10-06-2011 10:33 AM

As far as my experiences go, .NET Framework only has manual updates, and most people don't do more than automatic updating. Even I had only v3.5, and only because I needed it for one specific program - which fact annoyed me, and I hesitated a longer time. .NET Framework slows down the PC and is mostly unnecessary.

Half of the people don't have v4.

The Fifth Horseman 10-06-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luchsen (Post 428461)
I did want to make an editor for Princess Maker 2 even though there is one already. At least I have some more values, I think.

Tell me the ones you have and I'll add them in. :)

Luchsen 12-06-2011 12:57 PM

It seems you have all the values I have, but didn't implement them into your editor. I have worked on my list again but are not finished yet. I can give you the list if you want. I will probably make my own editor similar to PM2edit, with some more values and perhaps some in-game graphics. If I find a suitable programming program, that is. The additional values are not worth to do an own editor, but I see it as an programming exercise.

The current time is 08:22 AM (GMT)