Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   General compatibility fixes (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Windows 3.11 for DOSBox, ready-to-run (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27770)

Smiling Spectre 25-03-2016 09:51 PM

Well, first obvious problem is wrong mounting. As your path clearly shows, your system expects Windows be in C:\Windows (It can be achieved by mounting mentioned c:\Games as C:)

I cannot confirm/deny your inability to print - I tried it just now in my copy of Win3.1 (got it right here) and Abandonia's copy of SimTower - and both worked. :)

fozza87 26-03-2016 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre (Post 465164)
Well, first obvious problem is wrong mounting. As your path clearly shows, your system expects Windows be in C:\Windows (It can be achieved by mounting mentioned c:\Games as C:)

privet Smiling Spectre, I believe I have mounted my games folder as my C drive.
Not using NC I type 'cd windows' and then 'windows.bat' and it boots windows 3 as it would with NC. As in I have the three 'unable to find device file' messages before it boots windows.
However in my dosbox status window i have just noticed this
https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.ne...21bddd3a67c690

Smiling Spectre 26-03-2016 10:19 PM

Hmm, so your system cannot create swap file. Interesting...

1. You didn't mount games as CD, right? CD cannot be written...

2. Is there anything else that could make your files read-only? Or maybe, something limits your free space?

3. Did you get Win3 from this discussion? Do you still get previous "cannot found" messages, or it's gone? Are you able to type in SimTower _now_? :)

ksawery 02-04-2016 08:15 PM

Hi all,
I'm using your version of Windows 3.11 - DOS BOX but when I try installing some games I get this error:
"Cannot change the properties of the file named C:\Windows\System\WinG32.dll"
Thanks

DaveTheMan 06-09-2016 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksawery (Post 465215)
Hi all,
I'm using your version of Windows 3.11 - DOS BOX but when I try installing some games I get this error:
"Cannot change the properties of the file named C:\Windows\System\WinG32.dll"
Thanks

I get same sort of Error's too

mariic 16-10-2016 01:13 AM

Chromebook

I'm running Dosbox on a Chromebook, how do I install win 3.11 on there?

zirkoni 16-10-2016 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mariic (Post 466328)
I'm running Dosbox on a Chromebook, how do I install win 3.11 on there?

The same way you'd do it on any other platform using DOSBox:
you only need to extract the archive you download here in your DOSBox's mounted C-drive (so that in DOSBox you have a directory C:\WINDOWS).

mariic 17-10-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zirkoni (Post 466330)
The same way you'd do it on any other platform using DOSBox:
you only need to extract the archive you download here in your DOSBox's mounted C-drive (so that in DOSBox you have a directory C:\WINDOWS).

I tried, but I got "Error: no Modification Allowed Error", or something like that.

zirkoni 17-10-2016 02:53 PM

Sounds like a file permissions problem. You must have full read/write permissions in the directory that you mount as the C-drive in DOSBox.

I don't have a Chromebook so I can't really test this.

kamiledi15 09-12-2016 06:34 PM

Hi,
I would like to make a bootable Windows 3.11 on usb. I thought that maybe I can use your version for that. I made a bootable MS-Dos and it works. Then I copied your files directly to usb drive, which has bootable MS-Dos installed, without creating any additional subfolders, but when I type Windows in the bootable Dos, it says that it can't find hymem.sys file. Is it possible to use it that way?
And why I want to do it? Because I want to use internal PC Speaker in my computer, and Dosbox allows me only to emulate it. It works great in bootable MS-Dos, but it would be even better to use it in Windows 3.11.

The current time is 02:39 AM (GMT)