Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   General compatibility fixes (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Windows 3.11 for DOSBox, ready-to-run (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=27770)

Japo 20-11-2013 07:06 PM

See first question:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 422047)
Q: My mouse doesn't work in DOSBox, or it doesn't work outside of DOSBox.
Q: I want to play in full screen, why is the game inside such a small window when using DOSBox?
Q: The game is too fast or slow in DOSBox.
Q: How can I capture screenshots or video from DOSBox?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 330293)
  • Ctrl+F10 Switch mouse control between Windows and DOSBox.
  • Alt+Enter Toggle between fullscreen and windowed.
  • Ctrl+F11 / Ctrl+F12 Reduce / increase the game speed, if it's too fast or too slow.
  • Ctrl+F5 Capture a screenshot ...
  • Ctrl+Alt+F5 Capture a video clip ...

The Fifth Horseman 20-11-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkyPoo (Post 458193)
Worked like a charm, thank you!
One more question for you if you don't mind! It all works perfectly, but when I try and bring my mouse back out to my actual computer screen rather than windows 3 in dos, it disappears. Is there a way to prevent that?

No way to prevent it in the way you want, but all you need to do is press CTRL + F10 to unlock the cursor or just ALT+TAB to another application.
Quote:

It also disappears when I close out of windows 3 and goes back to the dos box screen.
That's normal. The command line interface won't display the cursor as it has no sue for it. If you used Norton Commander you'd find it still there.

PinkyPoo 20-11-2013 10:04 PM

Ah, thank you both! :)

Auridon 06-04-2014 04:23 PM

Okay, I need some definite help on this whole thing.

I downloaded dosbox .74 and it went into

C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74

Now, I have read through every post on this thread, and still can't seem to figure it out. ( I am new to dosbox, except i had it once to play treasure mountain, but it was much simpler)

Anyways, I read somewhere that dosbox needs to be on c: Mine is currently saying Z: before everything.

Can you please help me on exactly what i need to do to get 3.x installed. I am worried because of what the main post said

"All you have to do is unpack the thing to the location you mount as DOSBox' virtual C drive, unless that location is the root of your system drive. You don't want to overwrite your copy of Windows, trust me on that."

I am not sure what he means by that, I am not sure what a virtual c drive is, and how do i know if the location is the root of my system. please help!!!

The Fifth Horseman 24-04-2014 01:24 PM

This package is targeted towards users with at least basic experience running and configuring DOSBox without frontends.
The beginner's guide should get you up to speed and answers all of the specific questions you asked.

ultimate11 06-05-2014 03:35 PM

Question 5th, what build of DosBox (Either vanilla or an enhanced build, like Ykhwong's build) are you using?

Edro 11-05-2014 03:49 PM

Hi, I've downloaded and managed to run Win 3.1 through DosBox like it says in the first post. But when I try to run Zombie Wars I get an error message saying "Invalid Path The working directory is invalid".

What should I do?

The Fifth Horseman 14-05-2014 07:08 AM

Ultimate11: Vanilla.

Edro: The shortcut was left in by accident, the actual game is not in the pack (which is why it doesn't start). The game can be downloaded from Abandonia separately.

Edro 19-05-2014 11:29 AM

How can I run the game using Windows 3.11 if it's not in the pack? I download it and what do I have to do next?

The Fifth Horseman 20-05-2014 10:42 PM

Unpack the game to somewhere within the directory you're mounting as DOSBox's C drive.
The File Manager (Windows 3.11's version of Explorer) can be found in Main -> File Manager . Use it to navigate to the game's location and run Zwars.exe.

It's possible to update the shortcut (click it once, then File -> Properties) to make it run the copy you've unpacked.

The current time is 04:40 AM (GMT)