Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Spellcasting 101 (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3059)

Kon-Tiki 10-02-2005 10:35 PM

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

gildedgirth 11-02-2005 04:30 AM

Way cool. I just remarked recently on the forums on how I much I liked the old Spellcasting games. Funny and lots of humor. I think in many ways a bit more witty than the Leisure Suit Larry series.

Also this is good timing, as I've been getting back into Interactive Fiction games like the old Infocom games and also re-discovered the wealth of free amateur made IF games, like Anchorhead, Photopia, Spider and the Web. Wow. IF games have come a long way with so many people creating new "Infocom" type games that are more sophisticated and cover a vareity of topics. Some include graphics and sound like the Spellcasting game, like the zombie IF game, Necrotic Drift, recently entered in the annual IF competition.

Anyway, looking forward to more games, especially more from Legend Entertainment, like more from the Spellcasting series. Also Mission Critical was one of my favorite sci-fi games that combined graphics, interactive fiction (infocom-type) play, with action sequences. The short 3D strategy sequence in the game was really cool and I'm sure it inspired Homeworld in some way.

Anyway, thanks again for putting this classic up on the site.

ultranewbie 11-02-2005 04:43 AM

the females in this game (from the screenshots) seem to be pretty realistic. or not!

Tom Henrik 11-02-2005 07:00 AM

Just keep your eyes clued on the site for Spellcastin 201, and Spellcasting 301 ;)

BlackMageJawa 11-02-2005 02:41 PM

Heh heh heh, my favourite genre combined with a genre that I love but have always been bad at! Mixing text adventures (the latter) with point & clicks (my fave) is a stroke of smegging genius.

I already have Eric the Unready, are there any other games with this sort of interface (apart from Spellcasting 201 and 301)?

maDbiL 11-02-2005 04:24 PM

U know what, this is a bit similar. A young socerer lock up in a room....just like Harry Potter who was lock in a cupboard. How I wish the Harry Potter series would be something like this....Kids would enjoy reading :D

gildedgirth 12-02-2005 01:21 AM

You know that' is a good idea.

Interactive Fiction with graphics to encourage kids to read. I remember playing Simon the Sorceror and while its not a text heavy game like Spellcaster, it did remind me a lot of Harry Potter in many ways and if you get the Cd-version with sound, it becomes very British as well, just like Harry Potter. I was think yeah, if this was a If (interactive fiction) game, kids would also love it.

you might have a good idea for a game there. =)

Havell 12-02-2005 10:18 AM

A minor but irritating problem with this game, when I started the list of commands is blank but if I scroll to the bottom they become visible, if I carry out any commands then they become invisible again and I have to scroll to the bottom to see them again. Is anyone else having this problem?

Data 12-02-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BlackMageJawa@Feb 11 2005, 04:41 PM
Heh heh heh, my favourite genre combined with a genre that I love but have always been bad at! Mixing text adventures (the latter) with point & clicks (my fave) is a stroke of smegging genius.

I already have Eric the Unready, are there any other games with this sort of interface (apart from Spellcasting 201 and 301)?

time quest ?

Guest_Alex 12-02-2005 04:17 PM

Please help! What are the answers to the registration questions at the start of chapter 2? I can't get past them.

Thanks

The current time is 01:06 AM (GMT)