Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Offers (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Greyfox Maquis - A small collection i want to share with the world. (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=18257)

Greyfox Maquis 25-11-2008 06:39 PM

Greyfox Maquis - A small collection i want to share with the world.

Hiya, i use abandonia quite a lot and wanted to add to the already fine collection of games, so heres the thing.

Ages ago i got a 4 cd collection called "20 Giant Games" which is a wee collection of games from mostly MicroProse and Virgin interactive but most of the games are listed as freeware accordin to the sites oldwarez search

The ones that are definitly abandonware (some didnt appear) and isnt on the site are:

Starlord (1993 microprose, not the other one you have)
You basically start off as a member of a family (you can name it after yourself) in an old style hierarchy/feudal (dukes, kings, emperors etc..) but its in the future and spanning the galaxy, the goal? to make your family survive and become emperor. a nice fusion of gameplay types. you start off with a base star (planet) and a capitol ship and if you are low down you do trading til you can buy a small navy to take on other Earls or people of your rank or even take on your lord to take his rank and place which earns you a vassal and a nice income. basically you jump from system to system gaining allies or forming feuds through diplomacy or combat. combat itself is done on a tactical map so you can send orders to wings until your wing is in battle where you can battle yourself or leave it to the AI. My Fav of the games im offering just now.

Subwar 2050
not too far in the future you are a submarine pilot (because they have small attack subs the equivalent of fighters now) you must accomplish missions and of course, combat. the game has quite a lot of depth (couldnt resist :doh:) and has a stealth element, you can choose to fight or be sneaky by either not using active sonar or hiding behind terrain to block said sonar.

Zone Raiders
Its a dark future where everything is automated by machines, you are a scavanger whose ultimate goal is to reach the freezone, raid zones in a number of different player selectable hover cars and utilise a variety of weapons to achieve your goals.

Machiavelli - the prince
Its NOT in the future for a change :whistling: cant remember the dates asmy history is crap but i think ~1500 or ~1700 but you start at venice with a few units and you explore and trade (think civ but no city building) with 3 competitors (which can also be human players!) and every so often there will be a dodge election which you can take part in if you have senators or even become pope if you have cardinals. Sneaky tactics are a must such as bribing senators or assassinations even the slanderer (which is hilarious) explore the world either real or random generation a sound game and even better with multiplayer (me and a friend were going for the dodge and pope positions, he had the lead for the dodge and was pope so i 'bought' lots of cardinals, assassinated the pope then had a party at my villa, was pope next turn)

They all came off the same cd but are able to run without it so i can provide a download, some screenies and do a proper review! :thumbs:
hope to hear back! (also hope this is in the right place)

Dave 25-11-2008 07:53 PM

First of all, welcome to Abandonia Greyfox Maquis and thanks for your support http://www.reloaded.org/forum/style_...fault/bye1.gif

Let me see...

Starlord (1993)
Published by MicroProse Software, Inc.
Developed by MaelStrom Games

It isn't protected or sold => Approved

Subwar 2050 (1993)

Developed by Particle Systems Ltd.

Sold => Amazon.

Zone Raiders (1995)

Published by Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
Developed by Image Space Inc.

Sold => Amazon.

Machiavelli the Prince (1995)

Developed by Holistic Design, Inc.

Sold => Amazon.

As you can see your last three titles are still sold, but since status of games can change...well if you want you can send us your reviews/screenshots for the future. Let us know :)

I'll send you a Personal Message with details and FTP access for Starlord.
Thanks again.

Greyfox Maquis 25-11-2008 08:51 PM

Kl kl im getting right on it, ill remember to check if its still sold, well starlord was the main one i was wanting to share anyway, im just gettin the screens n stuff now. :amused: My cd laser has burnt out so i wont be able to send the manual til i get it replaced (manual is in pdf on cd)

Greyfox Maquis 26-11-2008 10:44 PM

Just posting to say thats all the stuff transfered including the manuals, enjoy.

Dave 27-11-2008 12:42 PM

Ok, your game is waiting to be added on site :)
Thanks!

arete 27-11-2008 12:59 PM

Gonna review it too, Greyfox? I'd like to get my hands on this one really soon... :nuts:

Dave 27-11-2008 01:05 PM

There's also a review on FTP ;)

Greyfox Maquis 28-11-2008 06:27 PM

Fear not i have suppied a review plus 2 manuals and a quick key guide so youll just have to wait til it appears =) also put up some screenies tho i wish now that i had made my starlord Duke Leto Atreides and see if anyone noticed

Greyfox Maquis 02-12-2008 09:04 PM

Heya just postin wondering how long it usually takes to get games up on the site since most of the updates seem to be boxshots, got another wee handful of games but bit busy nowadays, will i just append them here or would ye find it easier if i made a new topic or topics. Just some insight but no rush :amused:

Luchsen 02-12-2008 09:57 PM

There is no usually, not since the year dot. It's one game update per week at the moment. I estimate the queue time up to two months. With four games this thread can be handled as a request thread yet. If you append the list, the thread will be moved to Invalid Requests sometime after you finished all your possible engagements.

The current time is 08:44 AM (GMT)