Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Games Discussion (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Super Stardust (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=17006)

Romano 19-04-2008 10:21 PM

Super Stardust

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Romano 19-04-2008 10:32 PM

How to run the game.

Instructions by JMB.

To install Super Stardust using DOSBox ...

1. Unzip the stardust.zip file to a temporary directory such as c:\games\temp\
2. start DOSBox
3. mount c c:\games
4. imgmount d c:\temp\stardust.iso -t iso
5. D: (switches to drive D: )
6. Run INSTALL using c:\ssd as the install directory
7. Exit DOSBox
8. Move stardust.iso from c:\games\temp\ to c:\games\ssd\

Note: After installation you can delete any temp directories if you created them for this sole purpose.

To run Super Stardust using DOSBox after installation ...

1. Start DOSBox
2. mount c c:\games
3. imgmount d c:\ssd\stardust.iso -t iso
4. C: (switches to drive C :) )
5. cd ssd
6. GO

NOTE: The game may actually run without doing the imgmount in step 3. If it does you will not get the FMV sequences. If you want Super Stardust to start automatically when starting DOSBox you can add steps 2 through 6 to the autoexec section of DOSBox.conf .

Ermuli 20-04-2008 05:49 AM

Since iso format doesn't support audio tracks and the game has 22 of them, I guess it is OK to offer a BIN/CUE image of the game @ The ISO Cellar.

Geezer 20-04-2008 01:44 PM

Sure. I just don't want people to get the idea that the smaller download does not have sound. It does, and lots of it.

Yet another anonymous 22-03-2009 01:43 PM

Addition to BIN/CUE-version, disketteversion would also be very nice. It has different musics.

Unregd 17-04-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yet another anonymous (Post 357219)
Addition to BIN/CUE-version, disketteversion would also be very nice. It has different musics.

How do I get the cue/diskette versjon? I really want music, and I don't seem amble to find anything in the ISO Cellar...

dutchoven 04-12-2011 03:00 PM

I have a version of Super Stardust '96 with mod music instead of cd audio. I've never come across this version on abandonware sites, it is not as common as the cd version. This version came on a games compilation CD along with Quarantine and Cyberbikes I bought many many years ago. The music in the mod version is actually better than the CD audio in my opinion, although maybe it's because it's what I'm used to.

Sorry for posting in an old thread. I've just joined and can't create a new thread.

The Fifth Horseman 07-12-2011 12:38 PM

In the Abandonia Games Discussion, there is exactly one thread per game on the site and only updaters can start new ones. :)

Japo 08-12-2011 01:04 PM

@dutchoven, at the very least we could host the music files as extra downloads. Do you want to upload them?

The current time is 02:14 PM (GMT)