Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Community News & Feedback (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My location is always removed (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=33451)

roarke 19-09-2015 06:33 PM

My location is always removed

My location is always removed under the avatar. Are you all certain this site/forum is not attacked ?

arete 20-09-2015 07:27 AM

Pretty much anything that goes wrong here is a known bug in the site code. Don't worry about it ;)

Japo 20-09-2015 04:58 PM

IIRC the location in your forum profile is overwritten from your website profile every time you log in or whatever. And you can no longer edit or view the location in your website profile, because it used to be mandatory to fill in, and people complained, so Abovo fixed it by removing it but not really, now it's hidden data and cannot be changed by anyone, but still has this effect on your visible forum profile.

Like the Dutch say, "I hope to have informed you sufficiently." :o)

arete 20-09-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 463970)
Like the Dutch say, "Sod off please, I'm done talking to you." :o)

FTFY?

Japo 21-09-2015 07:58 PM

I didn't mean to be as rude as them ;p I just find that sentence funny.

This is one of many issues caused by the fact that the website and forum have independent profiles for each user, and the very poor way in which they were integrated. Abovo/Studentis have never looked interested in fixing this, which would require a lot of re-do of the 2007 code.

roarke 22-09-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 463977)
I didn't mean to be as rude as them ;p I just find that sentence funny.

I was not rude.

Smiling Spectre 22-09-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roarke (Post 463982)
I was not rude.

But Japo was. At least, his reply could be taken as rude - so he did excuse. :)

Japo 22-09-2015 05:05 PM

You misunderstood me, :-) it's the Dutch who I said are rude, not you, and I was joking the whole time. Hence the clown smiley -> :o)

In short, many thanks for reporting this, but it's a long known issue as I explained. We could ask Abovo to fix it but there are more important issues they should fix first, starting with the big one that causes it.

"I hope to have informed you sufficiently" is the standard formal way for Dutch people to end formal letters, whereas other humans would write instead, "Please do not hesitate to reply with any further questions" or so. I find this funny. The Dutch are, as we say in Spain, "to be fed separately." :o)

roarke 22-09-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 463987)
You misunderstood me, :-) it's the Dutch who I said are rude, not you, and I was joking the whole time. Hence the clown smiley -> :o)

In short, many thanks for reporting this, but it's a long known issue as I explained. We could ask Abovo to fix it but there are more important issues they should fix first, starting with the big one that causes it.

"I hope to have informed you sufficiently" is the standard formal way for Dutch people to end formal letters, whereas other humans would write instead, "Please do not hesitate to reply with any further questions" or so. I find this funny. The Dutch are, as we say in Spain, "to be fed separately." :o)

Ok.

Smiling Spectre 22-09-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japo (Post 463987)

Speaking about this... Do you remember old-time bug with tags connection? It is still here, and Abovo did nothing about it. Can you, maybe, remind about it?

In short, tag system supposed to be connected, and any change in main node item (i.e. English) automatically reflects in the translations.

In reality it connects game status tag (shareware, sold, etc.) with game type (action, adventure...), and destroys everything else with any English modification. Very annoying, and is main reason why I stopped to care about Russian translations section.

Definitely, some bonds/links must be recreated in base, but it seems no way to do that from outside of system. :/

The current time is 11:16 PM (GMT)