Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   "submut Revisions" Button (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=10303)

guesst 18-05-2006 02:29 AM

How about a button to submit revisons for reviews?

Things like gramatical errors or gross factual errors or links for "you should also try:" could be suggested. The suggestions would then be submitted to a task list for the updaters to review at their discression. It should include an option to e-mail the submitter when their suggestion is read and again with the results (review changed / suggestion dismissed) afterwards.

ReamusLQ 18-05-2006 04:14 AM

We have a grammar squad that is very slowly going through all the reviews and correcting mispellings and such. I myself am a member of it, and we are going through the reviews.

wormpaul 18-05-2006 06:30 AM

But its good to help reviewers with hint/tips to make them better and even more complete :angel:

Reup 18-05-2006 07:45 AM

Meh. You can always make a post in the game forum if you see stuff that's out of the ordinary. That's why there's a forum-topic for each game. And for typo's and grammatical errors you can do the same, or, better yet, PM the grammar squad!

guesst 20-05-2006 11:22 PM

The thing I'd be most excited to have this for is suggesting cross references. I mean, I do on the fourms but the often don't make it into the actual review due to the fact that the reviewer and the updaters are often different people. I know I can't change my reviews without someone else's help.

BTW, who is the grammar squad, just in case.

Kosta 09-06-2006 10:56 AM

Not a bad idea, would make it more wiki-like but with increased security. But, the main question is, where would you place a button/text link that would say "Suggest changes to the review / also try games" without confusing the visitors and cluttering the layout? That's the biggest problem basically.
As for the grammar crew, it consists of Raffles, Beef, Fruit Pie Jones, ReamusLQ, tai and Yobor.

guesst 09-06-2006 12:02 PM

How about at the very bottom of the reviews?

"See something wrong or missing? Suggest revisions here."
Or the first bit with a picture for the "suggest revisions here" text.

Kosta 09-06-2006 02:34 PM

Well, I wonder how many people will actually click that button, but it can't hurt to try :) What should that link lead to? Just a box in which a person could fill out the suggestion and send it away?

The Fifth Horseman 09-06-2006 04:02 PM

It could link to Community Reviews forum. :D

guesst 09-06-2006 11:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 9 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]235472[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

It could link to Community Reviews forum. :D
[/b]
Ha ha.

It would have to go to, yeah, some sort of form to get their name, e-mail (optional) and grevance. Then that would be put in some queue. A post on a exclusive forum would probably do the trick. Then the updaters see it, decide what to do with it, and do it, e-mailling the responder if they asked to be.

The current time is 10:24 AM (GMT)