Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Where, I Ask You, Where?!?!?!?! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=11917)

giganto 18-09-2006 03:32 AM

This question has bugged me all my life. Where did humanity come from? And why? I will be happy to listen to all of your theories.

Eagle of Fire 18-09-2006 04:02 AM

The ultimate answer to this question is: the last generation of people before you. :)

Morrin 18-09-2006 05:12 AM

From since human started eating flesh and absorbed all attributes from animals..

err..

But seriously, since human kind started to drift away from animalistic instincts and started developing humanic awareness and intelligence?

Icewolf 18-09-2006 09:30 AM

Mhh... crossopterygian got outta the water and was transformed due to the radioactivity that was resident at primal-earth (his genes in fact). That was goin on for some time so shore- and land-living reptiles evolved.

Reptiles rul0red for some time. Then mammals took over. Pro'lly meteor impact or heavy volcanic activity.

At some time ape-like animals divided into some branch that developed into humans.

Iron_Scarecrow 18-09-2006 10:05 AM

Here is one theory about asians... it's absolutely ridiculous though.

BeefontheBone 18-09-2006 12:34 PM

Since when has "Asian" been a race?

I'm not sure wuite what you're asking in the OP - do you mean why humanity specifically (pure chance) why here (chance again, though of course we wouldn't be here to worry about it if we were somewhere else) or the Ultimate Question, in which case the most sensible answer ever given is "42". There's no purpose to our existence if you ask me, apart from those we set ourselves - evolution is directionless, it has no goal "im mind" and humans aren't the "end point" - we've just slowed natural selection down a bit by ending up on top of the food chain and having sufficient medical knowledge to remove a lot of selective pressure.

Himmler 18-09-2006 12:57 PM

well first there were dacians and then they spread around the world after ragnarok.and then we had computers.

a1s 18-09-2006 02:54 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chadtherodentslayer @ Sep 18 2006, 06:32 AM) [snapback]255703[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

This question has bugged me all my life. Where did humanity come from? And why? I will be happy to listen to all of your theories.
[/b]
you are asking the wqrong questions. Humanity didn't come from a "where" (some will tell me it came from Africa, which is true, but I like I said insignificant), it came from a "when"! simply put, humainty came from the past. but that is an oversimplified version of my theory.
as to why, not only doen't anyone know that, but due to Turing's great theorem it is impossible for the human socium to correctly and fully comprehend it's purpose. it is possible to get an approximation (!) of our function using extrapolation though, but as of today we have been uncapable of doing so.

Horoma 18-09-2006 03:44 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(a1s @ Sep 18 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]255825[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

as to why, not only doen't anyone know that, but due to Turing's great theorem it is impossible for the human socium to correctly and fully comprehend it's purpose. it is possible to get an approximation (!) of our function using extrapolation though, but as of today we have been uncapable of doing so.
[/b]
Interesting, I plan to start digging a little deeper into the theories of this Turing guy. :ok:

Edit : Oh yes, the guy from the Turing machines. No why didn't that ring a bell right away, even saw about him in school. Memory leak. :wallbash:

Morrin 18-09-2006 03:55 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Himmler @ Sep 18 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]255782[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

well first there were dacians and then they spread around the world after ragnarok.and then we had computers.
[/b]
What has ragnarok to do with dacians? :D

The current time is 07:49 PM (GMT)