Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Blah, blah, blah... (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Sq,kq,pq,lsl Oldies Coming Back! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=7302)

Jingo James 21-09-2005 07:03 PM

I do not know where I should put this, so I guess i'll put it here. VU is releasing on Oct. 11th the original SQ,KQ,PQ, and LSL series. However, they will all be compatible on windows XP :D. Each series will be sold for $19.99 each. Here are some links:

SQ Compilation

PQ Compilation

KQ Compilation

LSL Compilation

Also, I bring a question because of this finding... Does that mean abandonia will have to take off all the SQ, PQ, KQ, and LSL, since they are going to be sold again? Heh.

Tulac 21-09-2005 07:08 PM

I think those games are ESA protected anyway, but atleast there'll be a buy link now...

Scarface 21-09-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Tulac@Sep 21 2005, 02:08 PM
I think those games are ESA protected anyway, but atleast there'll be a buy link now...
you're right, abandonia is not hosting any of those games

and thanks for the news... I didn't know about it.

Tom Henrik 21-09-2005 07:38 PM

Too bad it doesn't say anything about the actual package. VU will have a difficult time selling those games if they come on a single CD.

Thing is.. people that like SQ1, PQ1, KQ1 and LSL1 (and all the other EGA classics) are people who love the old days. People like that don't like CDs and PDF manuals... we want boxes, we want paper manuals, and we want to be able to decide if we want floppies for the game. If I found a compilation of, say, the entire Space Quest series inside a nice box with paper manuals for each game, and also the comics in paper format... all for 19.99$, I would've bought it at once. Seeing the same offer in a DVD case with PDF manuals will not tempt me at all. I wouldn't pay anything for that.

Kon-Tiki 21-09-2005 08:38 PM

This's been mentioned on the AGI/SCI forums, and there're already people there that can't wait for it to come out. Some collect all releases, others always wanted to buy those games, but couldn't back in the days. It'll sell better than you expect, but not as good as Vivendi'd think it will.

ReamusLQ 21-09-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jingo James@Sep 21 2005, 12:03 PM
I do not know where I should put this, so I guess i'll put it here. VU is releasing on Oct. 11th the original SQ,KQ,PQ, and LSL series. However, they will all be compatible on windows XP :D. Each series will be sold for $19.99 each. Here are some links:

SQ Compilation

PQ Compilation

KQ Compilation

LSL Compilation

Also, I bring a question because of this finding... Does that mean abandonia will have to take off all the SQ, PQ, KQ, and LSL, since they are going to be sold again? Heh.

now if they would just release QFG as well again, we'd be golden!

Galadrin 21-09-2005 11:13 PM

WOOTS! ah hell... DOUBLE WOOTS!!
I agree with you though Reamus... and re-release Gabriel Knight too

Frodo 22-09-2005 12:03 AM

Vivendi will only ship these games within the U.S.

What about those of us who are not in the U.S.? Why can we not buy them? :ranting:

Blood-Pigggy 22-09-2005 12:21 AM

Well I live in the US, and they love me, so they sent them over here.
I can't wait for em to be released.

The Fifth Horseman 22-09-2005 10:32 AM

Bad they won't ship outside US, but good that they did decide to re-release these classics.

The current time is 02:53 AM (GMT)