Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Space Strategy Game (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=15211)

Abi79 20-08-2007 01:00 PM

Hi, guys. I'm in the SF mood now, after just having left the WWII one. I remebered I read in an old magazine about a SF strategy game, where you could also pilot your ships, and there were two factions fighting for some god. Their names were weird, but their significance was, I think, the Rulers of God and the Servants of God. I'd be interested in the title, even if it didn't make it to release date. Thank you!

gregor 20-08-2007 02:03 PM

i believe i have a similar one on a CD, but i only managed to get it working once (on old computer) and i honestly dont' remember which one it is out of many on that CD. so i sort of stopped trying after a while to get it back. But it involved playing on the planet (as strategy game) and then you had this giant "mothership" that could get under attack at which point you were supposed to take over one fighter and then do the fighting. but it ran much too fast on that computer. nice graphics though...

another one would be hyperspace i believe...

Abi79 20-08-2007 03:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Aug 20 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]305690[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

i believe i have a similar one on a CD, but i only managed to get it working once (on old computer) and i honestly dont' remember which one it is out of many on that CD. so i sort of stopped trying after a while to get it back. But it involved playing on the planet (as strategy game) and then you had this giant "mothership" that could get under attack at which point you were supposed to take over one fighter and then do the fighting. but it ran much too fast on that computer. nice graphics though...[/b]
It's not that one, but thanks for trying to help me. The game was a strategy in space, not on a planet... or so I think.

Hyperspace? That's a game?

STFM 22-08-2007 04:22 AM

Yeah a friend of mine had hyperspace, could never work out how to play it

gregor 22-08-2007 06:09 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abi79 @ Aug 20 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]305716[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

Hyperspace? That's a game?
[/b]
yeah you had a giant ship traveling arround. kin dof like star control only 3D and then you could launch a fighter to help defend your ship.

Abi79 22-08-2007 08:23 AM

Well, anyway, this was a game made after 2000. 3D camera, it could rotate, zoom in and out, there were only two factions with weird names meaning rulers of god and servants of god (something like that), and you could control your fleet from your ship, or from an outside view... I searched yesterday for it in my magazines, but couldn't find it. Yet, I clearly remember a screenshot depicting a black planet with red... lava on it.

Falls 24-08-2007 01:05 AM

Considering how long it takes people to make games now, it could very possibly be Sins of a Solar Empire. Was it a preview or a review of a game? Sounds kind of like SOASE. Probably wrong, though.

Abi79 24-08-2007 07:33 AM

Nope, not that. Still, thanks for trying. :)

The Brain 28-08-2007 09:27 PM

Sounds Like StarWraith 3. Note looking forward for Sins of a Solar Empire.

Abi79 29-08-2007 06:24 AM

Not that, but thanks for trying. :)

The current time is 03:14 PM (GMT)