Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Tech Corner (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Making Exact 1 On 1 Copies Of Cd's (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=8567)

troop18546 25-12-2005 08:31 PM

OK. I'm trying to make a backup of a game protected by StarForce (I hate them already). Every saftware recorder I use - fails.
Are there any recording software out there that can make an exact cd copy, so that StarForce doesn't give me the same "insert the disk into another drive" bullsh*t??? :blink:

Tulac 25-12-2005 08:52 PM

Sorry dude this'll get closed, in the meantime try sd4hide...

gregor 26-12-2005 07:03 AM

I have bought settlers 3 cause i liked that game so much. i liked to play it in multiplayer mode with my bro as well as single player. i am not sure if they are protected but i treated them as they were. and since for me they are really a great game i decided to make a backup of their CD's (just to be on the safe side). so i dont' think that troops request is unusual.

You can copy a CD using a programe called CDClone. This program can copy protected CD's as well. But it's ment to be used for backing up, not for copying illegal software.

troop18546 26-12-2005 08:35 AM

The game is a fully bought, licensed and original cd as they come.
All I want, is to make a copy for backup, so that the original cd is not damaged by playing too much (Max Payne got a cyclic redundancy error after 30 installs and 4 years in a row playing experiences).

Only problem here, is that I don't know how to create backups of StarForce protected games. It is really p*ssing me off :tai: . I've tried CloneCD - nothing. Tried Alcohol 120, but nothing. Somewhere I've read that you have to configure Alcohol in the options for protected games to be copied 1 on 1.

I don't see a problem making a backup copy for myself, not for illegalnessnessness. :whistle:

So, a little help there? Anyone??? :help:

troop18546 26-12-2005 02:50 PM

Ok ok ok... :whistle:

I officialy HATE StarForce, if anyone knows a way around it. Let me know by PM or posting here. :tai:

Just... just...F*CK!!! :ranting:

Titan 27-12-2005 12:35 AM

Aaaaaanyway... Your problem is this:

Even if you make an exact 1 to 1 copy and burn it, there might still be some differences.

I was helped by Atari's support to make a copy of Civ3, as the law here in sweden states i can copy it for personal starage regardless of what any other company tries to tell you with theire copyright-laws.

The problem was the copy-protection.

Making the copy was no problem.

Getting the program to accept it was different.

Someone above sugested sd4hide. I'd say give it a go if the game uses SafeDisc vers. 4, as the first thing the game will do when it starts, is to scan the systems IDE/SCSI-busses for phantom-drives (eg mounted drives).

Alcohol's forum is a goldmine for bypassing copy-protection, and I usualy read there whenever i have a problem with backing up any of my discs.
If you searh them for the specific game, i can assure you someone else have had the same problem, and probably figured out how to solve it.

No copy-protection is impassable.. if they where, you wouldn't be able to read the disc.

The Niles 27-12-2005 08:49 AM

Try searching for a program called "star*meep*er". Also you might want to take a look at a site called http://www.gamecopyworld.com/. There is information on how to beat the starforce copy protection. That is indeed the most effective on the market at the moment. It requires unmounting your CD/DVD drives if I recall correctly but it can be done.

_r.u.s.s. 27-12-2005 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by danny
but if it get damaged because of some dirt or anything else while your computer is reading it (read: when you are playing) then cd's can be damaged only by playing
it's not just playng, it's just playng in non-ideal world with "dirts or something"=)

bt

Quote:

Someone above sugested sd4hide. I'd say give it a go if the game uses SafeDisc vers. 4, as the first thing the game will do when it starts, is to scan the systems IDE/SCSI-busses for phantom-drives (eg mounted drives).
once i had program which hid al your phantom drives, but i can't remember name..

The current time is 05:01 PM (GMT)