Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why The Hell Don't They Do A Remake Of ... ?! (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=12753)

CorruptMylar 23-11-2006 06:42 AM

Hi there,

Doesn't it aggravate you that some of these games on Abandonia would be even more awesome if they just gave them a modern facelift. For example, I was on the Street Rod 2 forum and I learned of a project to create a Street Rod 3. I was stoked! But, when I went to the project site I learned the project petered out and was abandoned. :crybaby: That game really distilled what was cool and fun about the era of muscle cars. It's really too bad.

That game would be a fantastic remake. They could make it like a Grand Theft Auto type free-form action type game, but focus more on customizing vehicles and racing. They could have a fleshed-out plot. They could also put in some humorous references to the late 60's / early 70's pop culture. They could remake the midi songs into full-fledged instrumental pop songs that would sound like the Ventures. They could add more vehicles and have secret, unlockable cars. They could have more tracks. They could have Hollywood voice talent for characters in the game. Wouldn't it be sweet?

So I ask you, what game would you want to see remade? What would you change? What should stay the same? Or just post your top 3.

moogle 23-11-2006 07:42 AM

Alice - More physics based puzzles and maybe less gore but still a high emphasis on macrabe atmosphere

First Alone in the dark - wouldn't change nuthin'

Gunstar Heroes - keep the weapon combination system, but make certain combinations a bit less overpowered (homing lightining)

Wing Commander!!!

Alien Vs. Predator - Cause everybody seems to want one =D And the concept is highly new game worthy

Carmagedon - Solely to piss off Jack Thompson

Data 23-11-2006 07:43 AM

moved topic to favorites

Frodo 23-11-2006 08:04 AM

There was an old Spectrum game called A Rockstar Ate My Hamster. I would LOVE to see a pc remake of that.

It was about creating a band, touring, doing gigs, making records etc. You could create your band from stars like Spiff Plitchard, Malice Cooper, and lots more. You got to name your band, and name all your songs. Sometimes you got duped into perfoming charity gigs for bizzarre causes like 'Save The Pigs'. It was really funny.

They could remake it with more stars to choose from, and scenes of the band rehearsing and touring. It would be hilarious - my rock band would dominate the charts! :titan:

Icewolf 23-11-2006 08:14 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There was an old Spectrum game called A Rockstar Ate My Hamster. I would LOVE to see a pc remake of that.
[/b]
This.... is a joke...

A rock-starr-ate-my-hamst0r...?! :blink:

TheChosen 23-11-2006 08:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 08:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There was an old Spectrum game called A Rockstar Ate My Hamster. I would LOVE to see a pc remake of that. [/b]
They did make an amiga version, which is kind of remake.

The Wolf 23-11-2006 08:26 AM

I want to see a remake of Unreal, mostly because the game could've been so much more but they where rushed in its creation and had to cut some of the best parts due to hardware limitations.

There's currently a new patch in the works, Unreal 227, but it's mainly just bug fixes and multilayer features.

Anyhow... time to go decapitate some Nali! :D

Frodo 23-11-2006 08:34 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Nov 23 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]268347[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 09:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]
Quote:

[/b]
This.... is a joke...

A rock-starr-ate-my-hamst0r...?! :blink:
[/b][/quote]

It's a real game, although I admit the title is kinda bizzare :bleh:
I used to love this game. :D
http://www.mobygames.com/game/zx-spectrum/...-ate-my-hamster

duckpatch 23-11-2006 12:09 PM

That sounds funky :) I would definately like a remake of it hehe

hassaland 23-11-2006 12:18 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Nov 23 2006, 05:04 AM) [snapback]268341[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

[/b]

kinda freak name for a game <_<

The current time is 11:32 PM (GMT)