Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Risen against brave (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=46204)

yoga 08-11-2018 07:05 AM

Save during battle!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 483055)
Congratulations on winning Risen 1 once again Yoga, and I think I can very well understand your wish to play it once more. Waiting to get it soon as well and see for myself.

Yendorian Tales Book I Chapter 2. I've got that one and part 3 - The Tyrants of Thaine, but not the first game in the trilogy (still happy I have those games preserved).
Only played the second part, that was very, very long ago, some beginning of 2000 or so, on a Windows 95 computer, in Ms-Dos. It's a bit like Might & Magic, tile-based movement in a 3D-looking world, and (for that time it came out) quite good graphics too, every monster nicely animated. Was pretty fun as well, it's purely a dungeon (and surface) crawler RPG with some ok story.

Not a very much known game series, those are true underdogs, similar to WarWizard.

:smile2:

Спасибо Вам Большое!

Danke Sehr!

Thank you very much!

Well, this is absolutely user friendly game..

Example: I had quest: Collect all 5 pieces of Titan Armor.
OK.
But in one moment i was in very bad situation..
brave is in corridor.
In front are 3 elite lizard warriors.
Behind me is lava, No way to run.
I trued to attack first with 2-3 Fireball hits and then continue with my Titan sword. In vain. Because they are very fast, strong and ...3! I tried help of Skeleton, transfered myself in Ashbeast, no result.
After 3 hours of hopeless attempts i remembered that best defense is attack. I advanced to see that monsters are located in small room. I started again. Hurray! I killed the first one. Then i save my progress.

Can you tell me pls another game which allows Save in battle?!

So brave slow, clever step by step beats warriors. Using Save option.

==
OFF
Dear Scatty,
Glaube ich richtig, das The Ultima IX - Ascension is in German only?

Scatty 08-11-2018 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 483065)
Dear Scatty,
Glaube ich richtig, das The Ultima IX - Ascension is in German only?

No, why should it be? It was made by Origin, owned by Electronic Arts, so by default an English language game.
Not a good game though, based on personal experience. There might be some fan-made mods and patches now, but when I played the game sometime in 2008 there was only a fan patch to some in-game maps, and the game itself, well... it's very uncompleted, unpolished, enemy and player combat animations looking weird and awkward. But it was playable, and I really liked the in-game music. Guess it's best if you test the game for yourself and see how you feel about it.

yoga 08-11-2018 12:50 PM

Ultima 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 483067)
No, why should it be? It was made by Origin, owned by Electronic Arts, so by default an English language game.
Not a good game though, based on personal experience. There might be some fan-made mods and patches now, but when I played the game sometime in 2008 there was only a fan patch to some in-game maps, and the game itself, well... it's very uncompleted, unpolished, enemy and player combat animations looking weird and awkward. But it was playable, and I really liked the in-game music. Guess it's best if you test the game for yourself and see how you feel about it.

Thank you very, very much.

You save me days.

No, i will not test it.

I believe you because i know your favorites and gaming style.

:smugulon:

yoga 09-11-2018 06:21 AM

Never play Risen3, 2

Hi, mates,

I tried Risen 3.

Wow, what a bad game! After 10 min. i stopped and deleted the game.

Can not believe that same company did this bad one.

I remember nice Betrayal at Krondor and bad next Betrayal at Antara.

Risen 2? Same shit.

:blush:

Scatty 09-11-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoga (Post 483072)
Hi, mates,

I tried Risen 3.

Wow, what a bad game! After 10 min. i stopped and deleted the game.

Can not believe that same company did this bad one.

I remember nice Betrayal at Krondor and bad next Betrayal at Antara.

Risen 2? Same shit.

:blush:

So I guess bad reviews from people about part 2 and 3 were true. Good to know, thanks Yoga.

yoga 09-11-2018 10:06 AM

Fred - the skeleton

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scatty (Post 483074)
So I guess bad reviews from people about part 2 and 3 were true. Good to know, thanks Yoga.

One more word.
Now in R3, Patty, a nice girl from R1 is my SISTER, i am a captain of pirate ship.

Moreover, Patty is dressed like stupid tart!?

-----
Herewith i want to express my sincere regrets for the brave dead of my companion Fred. He was skeleton and help me much in many quests.

RIP, Freddy.

:hihihi:

Capo 09-11-2018 03:31 PM

Risen 2 and 3 are pretty much the same as risen 1, the only change is the pirate setting

The current time is 01:02 PM (GMT)