Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Gaming Zone (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is the best game you have ever played? (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=21578)

Bp103 17-09-2009 05:28 AM

What is the best game you have ever played?

What is the best game(s) you have ever played? or just really liked for some reason or another.

I really like the game One Must Fall 2097. It has fighting robots, nice animations and songs made in screamtracker. Whats not to like?

I also like quake1 mostly because its the first fps I ever played. Brings back pleasant memories of gibafieng my older brother with a rpg. :3:

Command & Conquer :rocks: (enough said)

Wicky 17-09-2009 06:18 AM

The best game I've ever played is Windows XP. I played it for countless hours, even right now I'm playing it! It has multiplayer support (if you setup your network card correctly). And the devs support it with thousands of patches that bring new features!
It even features subgames (games in a game) like Solitaire, Hearts or Flipper!
Only problem is that I haven't figured out yet what's the goal of this game.

Luchsen 17-09-2009 01:41 PM

Windows XP is not a game. It's just a level of a much greater game called Microsoft OSes (aka Microsoft Oozes). The goal of MSOS is the only negative point since it is not a bit innovative: It's the usual WORLD DOMINATION!

_r.u.s.s. 17-09-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicky (Post 383007)
The best game I've ever played is Windows XP. I played it for countless hours, even right now I'm playing it! It has multiplayer support (if you setup your network card correctly). And the devs support it with thousands of patches that bring new features!
It even features subgames (games in a game) like Solitaire, Hearts or Flipper!
Only problem is that I haven't figured out yet what's the goal of this game.

the goal of this game is switch to ubuntu

hunvagy 17-09-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luchsen (Post 383038)
Windows XP is not a game. It's just a level of a much greater game called Microsoft OSes (aka Microsoft Oozes). The goal of MSOS is the only negative point since it is not a bit innovative: It's the usual WORLD DOMINATION!

World Domination it is

But seriously, the best game? River Raid, when I was 6 :)

Tomekk 17-09-2009 02:24 PM

Unreal Tournament '99: Game of the Year Edition

subaquatic 18-09-2009 11:12 PM

My favorite game was Grim Fandango. It was super creative and fun. I kept me playing for hours when I was younger!

Maxor127 19-09-2009 08:00 PM

I'll have to tentatively say Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

riccso 20-09-2009 10:09 AM

Space Rangers 2/MI3/World In Conflict.I just can't choose LOL

DOS dinosaur 05-10-2009 07:15 PM

Yeah, same here. A few favorites for various types of games would be a bit easier... :unsure:

Shooters... Doom I/II were always favorites, but I also like QII (because you can play regular game levels with teams, or play CTF against bots) and TFC (because you can be different characters). For some reason I always found QI somewhat annoying, and there's only a few maps in QIII that I like. Am probably just weird though... :D

Racing... NFSIII because we have lots of different cars and you can easily mod their specs (it also runs well on the two slower comps on our LAN).

Military strategy... C&C (RED ALERT) and Warcraft II (BNE), although I'd choose Warcraft of the two because I like the graphics, gameplay, and medieval setting.

Board games... Battle Chess. I know it's old and the animations are cheesy, but I prefer playing it (in 2D) because I can see computer moves as they're made, rather than having to figure out what's changed if I blinked when the computer zapped a move (as in the newer games).

And lately I'm having a blast with High Seas Trader, although I don't know how it will eventually rate among "best games" yet... :)

The current time is 05:09 PM (GMT)