Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Dig (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=5307)

Kreepah 31-05-2005 06:51 AM

i cant load it normally so i have to use scummvm
it works fine, so does sound but the music or talkies dont
in the non game window of scummvm
it says :

WARNING:SmushPlayer::play() File not found sq1.san
WARNING:BundleMgr::openFile() Cant open bundlefile:digmusic.bun
WARNING:BundleMgr::openFile() Cant open bundlefile:digvoice.bun

MdaG 04-06-2005 12:10 PM

You need to copy these files/folder from your CD to a folder and tell scummvm to look there.

VIDEO folder
DIG.LA0
DIG.LA1
DIGMUSIC.BUN
DIGVOICE.BUN
LANGUAGE.BND (Non-English versions)

Gene 20-06-2005 06:31 PM

Much of my Dig CD is copy-protected. I had to copy what I could and use the demo files for the rest but that only pathced up about a third of the cutscenes. Considering this game plays like a movie, that is unacceptable. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

A. J. Raffles 20-06-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gene@Jun 20 2005, 06:31 PM
Much of my Dig CD is copy-protected.
Now what exactly do you mean by that?:huh:

To be quite honest, to me that doesn't sound like you've got a legal copy of the game...

Gene 21-06-2005 03:18 AM

My game is legal. I open the sealed box myself. It's true though, when I try to copy certain files (cutscenes in VIDEO, for example) it gives me an error that says "cyclic redundancy check". Since that means nothing to me,I go into the file properties and try to un-check read-only but am met with an "access denied" error. I metioned the Demo files filing in all of the important gaps. These files on the CD were more straight forward with the same "access denied" error on any attempt to copy. Ideas anyone? Or better yet...can someone just set up an ftp of their VIDEOS folder so I can finally play what I rightfully own? :D

Flop 21-06-2005 03:47 AM

CRC errors mean that your data is corrupted. Most likely your cd is scratched and this is the reason you can't copy the files. I don't really know how to help you with this. It's possible that the cd can be read in a newer drive, and it's possible that simply cleaning it will help, but that's all I can think of.

Gene 21-06-2005 05:57 AM

That does not surprise me. Thank you.

A. J. Raffles 21-06-2005 06:44 AM

In that case you might want to try contacting Lucas Arts for a replacement. It might work if you make it clear that you have the original CD and offer to send it to them. And if they still have copies of The Dig, obviously.

Kreepah 21-06-2005 09:41 AM

they only sell the dig in a package im pretty sure, with full throttle an 2 or 3 more games

Gene 21-06-2005 09:41 PM

I got it to work by cleaning it and using a newer drive. I then beat it in about 3 hours. *Sigh* There needs to be a movie.

The current time is 07:22 PM (GMT)