Forums

Forums (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/index.php)
-   Old Suggestions (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Talking about Warez and craking copy protections in the chatbox. (http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=19115)

Eagle of Fire 28-02-2009 02:48 AM

Talking about Warez and craking copy protections in the chatbox.

I've been too lenient already. And my patience is gone.

The next time I see people chatting in the chatbox about where to download warez or cracks or unlockers for recent games, especialy concerning the game M&B since it seems to be the current trend, I'm going to take names and screenshots. Without warnings.

And then the admins will deal with it. As usual.

I am tired of all this hypocrisis. It is written in bold right under the chatbox that warez is a big nono. There is actualy a good reason for this: Abandonware itself is a gray area and it is very important not to associate our site with warez if we want to stay in calm waters and stay out of trouble. By doing this, some people are taking a risk. Maybe it is a small or even minimal risk, but it is a risk nonetheless.

By posting this warning here I hope to avoid reactions such as "but you said it in the chatbox and I never saw it because it got buried under all the other messages!". So this is my first and last global warning about the matter.

You guys, and you know who you are, can't get over playing a recent game without having to pay for it? Well, I don't really care: at the very least exchange your informations via PMs! Or MSN, mIRC, another forum, whatever... Simply don't do it here where everybody else can see. It might be a pain for some people, but that's actually important.

Please feel free to reply to this post if you feel like adding something or if you wish to have a point explained further.

-Eagle of Fire

dosraider 28-02-2009 06:14 AM

wHaT iS wArEz?
aNd iS iT bIgGeR tHeN a RaBbIt?
:rocks:

AlumiuN 28-02-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dosraider (Post 354192)
wHaT iS wArEz?
aNd iS iT bIgGeR tHeN a RaBbIt?
:rocks:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

*looks completely serious*

_r.u.s.s. 28-02-2009 09:32 AM

talk is fully legit unless it's links

Icewolf 28-02-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 354204)
talk is fully legit unless it's links

Maybe THE best argument.

@EoF
I think I want you to take a cold shower and think in detail about what dangers are there and about what dangers you assume that might exist. :mhh: ;)

_r.u.s.s. 28-02-2009 11:29 AM

and i want you to read our discussion in chatbox archive

Icewolf 28-02-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. (Post 354215)
and i want you to read our discussion in chatbox archive

Any links times or other stuff that I might refer to ? :oh: So that I can look it up properly...?

GTX2GvO 28-02-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire (Post 354181)
It is written in bold right under the chatbox that warez is a big nono.......

......at the very least exchange your informations via PMs! Or MSN, mIRC, another forum, whatever...

And there even IS an alternative place (forum) where such discussion CAN be held.
Without even requiring to register you can join Chatbox discussion there.
(and thus you don't need to see download links that are only available to registered visitors)

I'm not Giving link's to it anymore here in the out and the open. Period.
Like EoF said. There are other channels/way's to get those links.

Btw. The little red text under the Chatbox CLEARLY says that even TALK about warez will put you in problems.

PS.
I don't even care what/who set of EoF.
Since the implementation of the red text I've been trying to keep all Warez discussion that concerned me (and my forum) @ my Forum.

Geezer 28-02-2009 01:33 PM

I can understand EoF's point. Remember that what Abandonia does is technically illegal in most countries. People tolerate (and encourage) it because we are here to preserve an important part of gaming history that would otherwise be lost. Nobody that has Abandonia's best interest at heart wants this site to be a place for warez pirates to come to share ideas about illegal cracking and places to look for pirated software. We have to be careful. Links or not, we need to discourage the discussion or we will see more new users (who aren't familiar with our charter) wanting to stretch the limits of what is acceptable. I didn't read the chat archive so I don't know what particulars are involved but this is something that we need to remind ourselves of occasionally.

Just my two cents.

The Fifth Horseman 28-02-2009 01:52 PM

We'd prefer if warez were not discussed in the Chatbox.
At the same time, every time that point is brought up in no uncertain terms, warez eventually end up discussed in there again.
And we end up dragged into that discussion as well.

*sigh*

If this continues, the only reasonable solution will be just disabling the Chatbox altogether for a while.

The current time is 11:54 AM (GMT)